Houzz Logo Print
lynn_lekson

What color should I paint my bathroom cabinets?

Balboa mist paint and gray tile

コメント (9)

• luscious111
    4年前

Navy, deep greeted green or white.

• PRO
    Aqua Kitchen and Bath Design Center
    4年前

For more pop, I would go with deep blue or navy, but if you'd like the cabinets to blend in, definitely gray.

• skunst2017
    4年前

Good looking bathroom , .. I would blend the same colors that already exist in your bathroom ...in the beige / gray family ....it's soothing ...I would prefer it to strong colors . With wonderful lush white towels !

• J Williams
    4年前

I could picture a deep muddy turquoise. Or a warm celadon green. Depends on the shower I guess. Your picture on the wall seems to have a purplish tone, not sure how that would look as a cabinet colour.

• Jennifer Hogan
    4年前

With the rest of the room devoid of color, adding a color on the cabinets won't make sense. Something like navy would require that you add navy somewhere else in the room to balance the navy in the cabinet.

I would not do white - you already have two distinct whites - would not want to add a third.

That leaves you with another gray/greige neutral. I would go relatively dark rather than another mid tone. I would start with a sample of BM Squirrel Tail.

Darker and slightly more colorful than Balboa mist, but almost the identical hue.

(CIE Light, Chroma (more or less saturated - closer to neutral or more colorful), Hue (Color)

CIE-L*Ch(ab) = 85.168 4.908 91.285° - Balboa Mist

CIE-L*Ch(ab) = 56.506 7.318 91.944° - Squirrel Tail

Do a large test board and set it against the cabinet. Look at it next to the wall, the floor, the counter top and decide if it looks too light, too dark, too green or too gray or whatever.

You can adjust from there to get to the perfect color.

• felizlady
    4年前

I always think ‘gray and white’ need some color. I like to bring the big multi-color sample cards home to see the colors in the context of the room I’m doing.

• Lynn Lekson
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Thank you everyone for your design comments. You’ve given me much to consider. Thanks

• Dslane78
    4年前

Sherwin williams black magic would be a great color for your vanity. Black is a great neutral and you won’t have to worry about the undertones that paint colors can have that might clash with your floor. Just an idea. Good luck.