Houzz Logo Print
marsha712

What color to paint cabinets

marsha712
4年前
最終更新:4年前

I have saltilo flooring in my kitchen and Baltic brown counter tops. I need advise as to what color I should paint the cabinets. Kitchen is very dark with not a lot of lighting. Right now walls are an off white color but I want to make my dated kitchen look newer. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

コメント (9)

• eld6161
    4年前

I would do a creamy white for the cabinets.

i would use a color other than white for the walls.

• PRO
    SUGARBAKERS
    4年前

I agree with @JAN MOYER. Not white but an ivory white would be cool. Plain white tends ti turn yellowish as it ages according to quality of paint. Posting a pic of your existing kitchen would helpful .

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4年前

I need to see pictures but first you need lighting before you choose any color. Address the lighting with LEDs in 4000k .Under cabinet , pot lights and pendants if you have an island. IMO your cabinet color can be any white and a lot depends on your style of cabinet. I have had pure white cabinets that were still pure white years later but you need to have them professionally painted with conversion varnish.

• marsha712
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Thank you all for your quick reply. I am including some photos of the area I need updated. My problem is that we have a lot of custom molding and panels of dark walnut throughout the house that were installed by the first owner of our house. I don't think white cabinets will work with all this dark wood. I was thinking of maybe painting cabinets a satin or matte black for some drama! Living in Los Angeles I do know that perspective buyers only want updated kitchens which we don't want to get into the expense but a refresh is definitely in order! Thank you in advance. I appreciate input from all.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    4年前

call in a Saltillo tile restoration company. they will have those tiles looking next to new.

if you are selling, I wouldn't worry about painting.

• marsha712
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Thanks, Beth. I plan on having the floors refinished and have contacted a local company. I planned on painting some of the walls anyway but I do realize whoever buys this house will completely change everything! I just want the house to look fresh and clean.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    4年前

so you are selling, soon?

painting those cabs correctly would be in the 4-6K range. doing them yourself is a boatload of prep work. So, just make it look clean, well lit and put out flowers. If you paint them you'll never recoup your money spent for it.

however, if you will be living there for a year or two, then do what you want. but don't paint them just to sell. waste of money. Especially w/that builder grade granite!

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    4年前
    最終更新:4年前

Leave it ALONE and price it to sell. When you list. Don't pick a future buyers style. Someone will gut it and start over.

PR