Houzz Logo Print
plattsbecp

Can I use wood look vinyl plank or tile on walls

plattsbecp
4年前

Hello, I am in the process of updating a 1984 modern home in Tampa FL. The original home used wood siding for the entrance and vertical elevation. In later years the walls were stucco, probably because of termite activity and the vertical elevation installed with a vinyl siding.

I would like to restore the look of wood in both locations and wondered if it is possible to use the waterproof vinyl wood planking or wood look tile.on the walls? How would these products hold up in Florida's high humidity, mold, and bug population? In addition, I need help with the ceiling which is currently a fiberboard. The entrance floor is tiled with slate, it can stay or be replaced. I am changing the door adding larger sidelights to reflect a modern look.

I am open to any suggestions on paint or other elements to bring this house back to a modern style or the '80s and truly appreciate any advice. attaching photos of my home.

コメント (9)

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    4年前
    最終更新:4年前

I would keep the stuck and use a material that really looks like wood with no maintenance. The vinyl is going to fade and possible 'oil can' over time in the sun and heat.

This material is metal.

https://imarkmetal.com/products/roof-wall-systems/panel-systems/alura-panel/

• plattsbecp
    質問の投稿者
    4年前
    最終更新:4年前

Thank you, BeverlyFLADeziner this is just what I was looking for. I searched online but just came up short.

• plattsbecp
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Thank you acm, I really was at a loss. I searched for veneer panels but was having no luck. I do want a weathered gray wood look and the metal suggested above would be the best application for our FL sun, humidity, and termites (I Think). We live on acreage with lots of swampland so I am looking for something a little different than the typical golf course FL homes. I appreciate your response and value your suggestions. It's hard for me to see past the pig in the blanket but I may need to take a step back.

• jmm1837
    4年前

What about Hardieplank? It's used extensively as siding here in Australia, and, trust me, termites are an issue here too!

• PRO
    Michael Menn Ltd.
    4年前

As an architect and builder, I agree with jmm1837. Hardieplank is a cement fiberboard product that we use extensively. Most people will not know it is not wood. They make similar products that can be used for the soffits or ceilings. Their warranty if factory finished is 25 years.

plattsbecpさんはMichael Menn Ltd.さんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    4年前

You can only get the grain texture and not the appearance of transparent stain on Hardiplank.

https://www.trespa.com/en-us/exterior-sidings

plattsbecpさんはBeverlyFLADezinerさんにお礼を言いました
  • jmm1837
    4年前

I agree that you can't get the look of a transparent wood stain with Hardiplank, but you're not going to get a real wood-look with metal either. I think both products would be better choices than tile, though, and definitely better than vinyl.

plattsbecpさんはjmm1837さんにお礼を言いました
  • plattsbecp
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Thank you BeverlyFLADeziner, jmm1837. ACM, and Michael Menn Ltd, I did not know Hardy board came in a wood look, I thought it was all 4x8 sheets - duh I am so behind in time! Your wisdom is much appreciated and I will order Hardy samples. Thank you all

PR