Houzz Logo Print
triciawoodworth

Too Farm House style?

My house was built in 1991 and is contemporary style. We bought it chiefly for the location- waterfront with an amazing view. The house is fraught with difficult decorating issues, and I have been chipping away at it for the 20 years we have lived here, with resale value in the back of my mind. Right now I am updating the bathrooms. I’m wondering, are colored painted bathroom cabinets too farm house style? They are currently painted white and in good condition, but I don’t like the all white look

Renovation & Refresh in Greenfield · 詳細

コメント (15)

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4年前

Hi Tricia. Good to see you back. I think with contemporary hardware, faucets, mirror etc you can paint cabinets successfully. Don’t use same colors as in other rooms. Go bold on color. Purple?? Emerald green? SW Naval? Need some photos if your room.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4年前

Of

• PRO
    Prime 1 Builders
    4年前

Most clients are choosing white cabinets in kitchen and bath but then selecting another bold accent color. Good luck with your project.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4年前

Good to see you making more progress! Takes time!!

• homechef59
    4年前

Understand that what you do to please yourself is very different from what you do to attract buyers for resale.

• Tricia Woodworth
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Homechef- that is very good advice, and I know you are right. I guess I would say I’m trying to do both things at the same time. I love color and I pay little attention to tends in design. But I figured I should start with the kitchen and then do the bathrooms- I guess that’s what I meant about resale. My husband never wants to move, so maybe we won’t! In the meantime- I will make my heart happy. Thanks

• Tricia Woodworth
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Flo- #oyeah. It not only takes time, it also takes $. My budget is like 0 right now- but a girl can dream and make plans for the future, right?

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4年前

Something to be said for a Happy Heart!

• nkhat75
    3年前

What color paint are the lower cabinets painted, love the blue/green color.

• Tricia Woodworth
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

I love that color as well. In fact, I painted the attached bedroom that color. So I decided to leave the cabinets white- they are in good shape- and paint the walls the same color as the bedroom, only a bit lighter shade. I can’t wait to get the 1991 vinyl wallpaper the original owners of my house put in out of there!

• Tricia Woodworth
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

I will probably be asking for tile and counter top advice from my Houzz buddies when I can afford to get to that point. Isn’t it interesting how we are obsessing on the things in our houses that didn’t bother us so much before now that we are staying at home because of COVID?

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3年前

Tricia- this is old thread but thought I would pop in to see how things are going?

• Tricia Woodworth
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

Hi Flo!
    I’m at the point of getting quotes and I think I have selected the contractor I am going to work with. Of course I have changed my mind several times about what I am going to do! I decided to wait until I can afford to get what I really love, and not settle for less, even if I have to save up. I did decide to take out the old tub and replace the floor and vanity cabinets. I want the cabinets to be a light color of wood and a free standing tub. So, at this point, the main thing I have decided is to do something I love, not just like. I’m looking at tile, flooring and countertops right now. For some reason, it’s way more difficult for me to do something wonderful for someone else than for myself!

• offermanre
    2年前

What is the distance between the refrigerator and breakfast counter? I have the same layout and hate it. We are unable to pass into the kitchen when refrigerator door is open.