Houzz Logo Print
l4lamia

Help with selecting backsplash /backing for a built in

I intend on having a built in cabinet/mini bar installed in the hallway space that connects the main living room/dining room area with the family room/kitchen area. Due to it’s location, I need help in selecting the right backsplash or backing for the area that’s between the upper glass door cabinets and lower white painted cabinets-
not sure if I a mirror or painted wood panel would look best.
The below photos shows the area where the cabinet will be built.
Thank you

コメント (5)

• PRO
    A Curated Room
    4年前

It's a little hard to say without seeing the spaces adjacent to this area but a mirrored tile could be an option. It would give depth to the hallway.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    4年前
    最終更新:4年前

Don't BUILD anything there. Buy a great cabinet console with storage, hang art and set up a mini bar when you entertain. It doesn't need a "built in"

• skunst2017
    4年前

I agree with Jan Moyer , also ..you can add wine racks In The kitchen .....for every day use ...and have a cabinets with ice bucket and storage ..in the hallway ..it all doesn't have to be in one place ....and may take away precious space in the hallway ....?

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4年前

I do not see this as good space for a mini bar it is in a narrow hall where all the guests will be mingling I have a ton of parties every year and the best mini bar is the kitchen island since that is where everyone always ends up. If you insist on it do as Jan suggests and IMO no backsplash required .

• PRO
    Serene Staging
    4年前

Agreed, space seems too narrow already. Interrupts flow of energy from a Feng Shui perspective as well. Clear path is better, add art.