Houzz Logo Print
webuser_806008257

Kitchen Backsplash Help!!

Olivia
4年前

I have red tinged maple cabinets with green/black laminate countertops. The backsplash is wood and the same color as the cabinets with an olive green wall behind. The wood backsplash is not holding up after so many years and we need to replace it with something more durable (tile?) I'm not sure what would look good. Ideas?

コメント (5)

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    4年前
    最終更新:4年前

do you have any plans (soon or near future?) on replacing the countertop? If you're going to go through the trouble to do the splash, you may as well do the countertops. you don't have that much to do. a pre-fab granite or quartz wouldn't cost too much.

if you must keep it, replace the wood that's on the perimeter cabs, and for your sink area, just do a simple ceramic tile in an off white. This you could do yourselves for less than $100

Honestly though, that brick wrap on the island does not work with any of your elements. That alone would look so much better if you did a little DIY trim work on it.

this just shows you the size and how to place it. it's all painted white.

or something simple like this one:

the other thing I notice, and it may be the photo, is your wall color. I think you could find a better tone to complement the coloring of your cabinets, countertop and flooring.

just as an example, look at how nice a soft blue is w/the same type of coloring.

• Chessie
    4年前

Tile. There are a million colors out there. Look up a tile shop and go visit them.

• Olivia
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Thank you, great ideas Beth! I agree, the island is out of place. It matches the fireplace stone, but still awkwardly placed. I like your idea for redoing the island. We're not changing out the countertops any time soon so whatever we choose for the backsplash needs to go with both. Thanks for the ideas!

• PRO
    Chi Renovation & Design
    4年前

This might inspire you.

Colorful Eclectic Kitchen · 詳細

• Olivia
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

I like it