Houzz Logo Print
johnjmc

Should We See ‘Layers’ In Our Countertop?

johnjmc
4年前
最終更新:4年前

Are seams like this normal in large counter/island tops applications? Style is Caesarstone

Stone Grey (4030).

All the supporting documentation we read is that seams are ‘virtually invisible’ so in our minds this seems like a deficiency.

Thanks in advance for everyone’s expert feedback...we’re reno newbies!

Cheers,

John & Karen C

コメント (9)

• nhbaskets
    4年前

Photos?

• johnjmc
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Sorry...thought i included!? Please hold...

• PRO
    Maraya Interior Design
    4年前

the first photo shows a bad seam, with open gaps. The second photo is fine, there is no way to hide a seam, even a tight one with a clean solid surface (as opposed to multi-colored or one with movement)

• User
    4年前
    最終更新:4年前

You’re confusing quartz with Corian. Only Corian advertises that seams are “inconspicuous”. No one else will ever say that any seams are “virtually invisible”. Ever. Because they aren’t. They‘re going to be visible. Some more than others. Ones with big veins are especially conspicuous.

But that’s just a terrible fabricator. How did you interview and find your fabricator?

• lindahambleton
    4年前

I don’t know anything about this. I am here to hear what people who do know have to say.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    4年前

HU:

If those are adhesive voids, can you get a fingernail into them? Or are they solid with just poorly matched adhesive? If they are voids, you maybe able to stuff some color matched adhesive into them, let it set up, and scrape it to flush.

Voids are fabricator error; he'll have to make it right.

• johnjmc
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Thanks Joseph. They aren’t voids, they are all smooth and regular to the touch. The counter and island are large with a few corners and bends and there are a number of the bends that look like this.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    4年前

"Take this up with Caesarstone. I'm sure they would like to know the level of quality that is being sold by an authorized dealer."

I highly doubt it. Silestone ignores poor end results and I've got picture proof and emails to prove it. They wanna sell slabs.