Houzz Logo Print
mabelfoxdesign

Sumptuous dark blue master bedroom - before and after photos

Mabel Fox Design
4年前
最終更新:4年前

If you are thinking about going for dark blue walls in your bedroom, absolutely go for it! We have got Stiffkey Blue teamed with Wimborne White by Farrow & Ball here. The blue was chosen to compliment the original tiled fireplace in this 1930s home. The dark oak flooring adds to the cosy, relaxing feel, with the faux sheepskin rugs and throws on the king size bed from Made.com. Let's not forget the pops of mustard yellow in the ceiling shade, lamp base and blanket, a winning combination that promotes restful sleep, something we all need!

The beautiful wardrobes are from The White Company and then all the chests of drawers are vintage finds. Any questions welcomeMabel Fox Design

コメント (9)

• PRO
    Paintforme
    4年前

Great #colour!

Mabel Fox DesignさんはPaintformeさんにお礼を言いました
  • Sonia
    4年前

Nice. Having the white paintwork really brightens the room.

Mabel Fox DesignさんはSoniaさんにお礼を言いました
  • Chris Goodchild
    4年前

Having the white frieze, wardrobes, door and windows to counter the dark blue really sets it off. Good job.

Mabel Fox DesignさんはChris Goodchildさんにお礼を言いました
  • S L
    4年前

Love the colour, would love to see pictures of what you’ve done for window

Mabel Fox DesignさんはS Lさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Mabel Fox Design
    質問の投稿者
    4年前
    最終更新:4年前

Good question S L, it is hard to take a good picture of white wooden shutters as an amateur photographer, but hopefully you can pick up the detail in these 2 photographs of the other side of the room. We used The Cambridge Shutter Company for the warm white traditional shutters. Rebecca, the owner, is so helpful and knowledgable. The service was amazing. www.thecambridgeshuttercompany.co.uk if you are interested and local to Cambridge area.

• Heather Hill
    4年前

Out of interest, why do some designers not make their bed neatly. Some people seem to think that a just jumped out bed look is great but there is nothing more satisfying than leaving the bedroom in the morning to a perfectly made tucked in bed... and then better still jumping back into a bed that has been made neatly in the morning. Its not a critisim, I am just more intrigued! How do others like their beds made in the morning?

• Sonia
    4年前

I think it’s quite realistic....... I tend to pull the duvet back towards the feet of the bed, neatly, and leave it to air. I’ll make the bed later, but it really isn’t a priority for me. I don’t even, shock horror, iron my bedding. It still feels crisp and clean but a bit wrinklier!

• Heather Hill
    4年前

Maybe Im the only one that ever makes my bed like that in the morning. It just makes me feel good. ;-)