Houzz Logo Print
tjs4

Need paint color help!

T L
4年前

Hello all... I need some paint color help!

I have a living room that has north facing windows. It has dark wood flooring, trim and crown molding that has walnut/red tones. The living room is open (via an arch) to the dining room, which has windows that face west and south.

I CANNOT decide on what color to paint these two rooms! I want a darker feel (I like dark and moody schemes - with a touch of casual glamour), but everything I try either feels too warm or too cool or clashes.

I've found articles about paint for dark wood floors and paint for north-facing rooms but nothing that works well for both. HELP!

コメント (17)

• T L
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Thanks! I do plan on putting down some rugs. I'd like to add velvet curtains and shiny brass dining chairs, lights, hardware, and I love wallpaper. I plan on putting some up behind the TV. Most of the walls are covered by an antique wardrobe, entertainment center, entry console/painting, windows/curtains, and openings to other rooms.

• threers
    4年前

Please choose wallpaper and curtains and then choose your color....there are so many colors and can match the paint to your wallpaper and/or curtains

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    4年前

sorry, but you want us to suggest paint colors on a room we can't see?

• emmarene9
    4年前

Pick the wall paper first.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4年前

I wouldn’t do wallpaper in a room the walls will be largely covered with furniture and other elements. With your woods, i would lean to a soft gray/sage green. But I need some pictures of space and furniture for the space plus picture of biggest piece of art.

• Irene Morresey
    4年前

I love the dark teal and emerald greens, look great with gold or mustard, depends with all the dark timber

• T L
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

my floors and trim are dark like the trim in the picture.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4年前

What is your furniture like?

• T L
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Here are some pics of the living room, dining room and kitchen. The living room is a bit hard to photograph since it's a small box. I tried to take a pic of the artwork I referenced and the stained glass in the door. Note that these were taken at 530 am :)

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4年前

OK, Now more than ever, I would select a sage green not a deep green. Space is already dark, and lighting will be very important to getting good color. If you have some extra of the wallpaper and like the lighter greens in it, take it to Sherwin Williams or paint store of your choice and have them match it to the color in the wallpaper. The ceiling color in the living room is going to impact any wall color too. It will give off gold tones to the walls. I think I would purchase a rug for the living room first in light colors and see where that takes you. Also, you need more lighting. Try an arc lamp to bring more light into the space.

Manhattan Two-Arm Arc Lamp · 詳細

A double one like this would be interesting.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4年前

LumiSource Salon Floor Lamp With Black Metal Base and Black Shade With Copper · 詳細

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4年前

Many styles, finishes and sizes are available in all price points. Look around on Houzz for ideas.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4年前

I just put a rug in a client's living room in a two tone off white and some light grays and it is a very nice rug. Comes in a variety of sizes right here on Houzz. Jaipur Living Brixt Abstract Gray. Check it out.

Jaipur Living Brixt Abstract Gray Rug, 10'2"x14' · 詳細

Picture doesn't do it justice. I can get you my Trade Program discount too if you decide on anything from Houzz. Just let me know. I had my client order a runner first (lower price) to check out colors in their light. They got the runner and we liked it, so they ordered the 10x14. It looks amazing.

• T L
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

With the red in my crown molding and floors, would a green cause too much contrast?

• njmomma
    4年前

following

• Irene Morresey
    4年前

Some inspiration

T LさんはIrene Morreseyさんにお礼を言いました
PR