Houzz Logo Print
kate_xerri47

idea for rear wall of outdoor entertainment area

Kate Xerri
4年前

Hi there,

Desperate for some ideas and inspiration on finishing off this area.

As you can see in the pics it is adjacent to the pool area so we need to maintain 1m clearance of anything climbable along that balustrade (so no benches etc).

We live in Melb so it gets cold here so we are going to enclose the area with blinds to allow us to use it in winter also.

The back wall is what has stumped us

• fire place
  • pizza oven
  • bbq and kitchen

Should we do splash back or stacked stone... or something else.

Please unleash your design inspo :) thank you!!!

To give you context majority of the house or a hamptons ish style Reno

コメント (4)

• julie herbert
    4年前

Beautiful area Kate, a few inspiration photos for you, you could add a range hood between the windows and add a fabulous kitchen even a pizza oven, you won’t want to go inside, could look gorgeous.

• PRO
    Weaver Interiors
    4年前

Dear Kate, just adding to Julie's images:

This idea makes clever interpretation of placement, ends up being an artwork.

I like the idea of the jaggered edge, but would even add more oddities to the placement and in your situation, not shiny and maybe warm colours - rust, ochre, even limey green.

• PRO
    Dr Retro House Calls
    4年前

If you are doing a Hamptosn style renovation then I would be consistant, and play up the symmetry, such as in this photo. You really want the pool and outlook to be the focal point, and not your splashback. I would go with a mirrored splashback to brick more light into your space and provide a better connection with your pool, rather than making the splashback a feature element.

Woolloowin Residence · 詳細

Pool House · 詳細

Best of luck with your considerations,

Dr Retro

of Dr Retro House Calls

• siriuskey
    4年前
    最終更新:4年前

A fireplace would be nice in MEB, it could be built out in between the windows with a narrow chimney with your out door kitchen either side