Houzz Logo Print
les_f87

Kitchen makeover suggestions needed with a brick wall

Les F
4年前

We are looking to update our 1980's kitchen. Suggestions needed for colour scheme for cupboards and bench top materials to sit with the brick wall and wooden floor please!

コメント (9)

• julie herbert
    4年前

And this, all gorgeous colours with your beautiful wall and floor.

Les Fさんはjulie herbertさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Compass Kitchens
    4年前
    最終更新:4年前

Hi Les, some we covered, so that areas were easier to keep clean but other areas we left exposed to maintain this feature. You can see more of this project Here. Regards Malcolm.

• Les F
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

thanks for your help with ideas. this gives me some ideas to consider.

• Les F
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Julie, thanks for your pictures, I love the dark blue cabinet doors but wonder if it will make my kitchen too dark as I have cabinets on 4 sides as well as the pantry.

• julie herbert
    4年前

Hi Les,
    I think it could look beautiful but it all depends on how large your kitchen is, do you have a photo of your kitchen

• Kate
    4年前

Add a white benchtop and bright handles like the first pic

• siriuskey
    4年前
    最終更新:4年前

This is what our 80's kitchen looked like when we bought the house, it's now lovely and simple, we have a long tall black wall which starts at the courtyard and runs all the way down the passage. That black wall along with white cabinets and timber work for us. Would have loved a timber floor but the tiles worked better in our situation. But if you were wanting to stay true to 80's you would look to use simple timber cabinets to work with your floor adding a concrete look benchtop, which I would loved if it wasn't so darned expensive at the time

• Les F
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Thank you for your ideas Siriuskey. I would avoid wooden benches due to maintenance. I am thinking of stone and using this as the splashback as well. I really hate the idea of seeing sink/ dirty dishes on bench after a dinner party so am considering a low splashback along part of area behind sink. the sink area can be seen from formal lounge if no barrier here.