Houzz Logo Print
abdulaleem_bourgeois

Moving to a new home and looking for ideas. High ceilings.

First time posting. I hope this is the appropriate group for this. I am moving to a new house. And I want some decorating ideas. I need to buy new furniture and I can't decide the color to go with as well as how to arrange it.

What should be the focal point for my room?

How to create this focal point successfully?

The first picture is an example of a different unit just for you to see the space we are dealing with.

The second picture is the actual house. I am dealing with off white / beige walls and some shade of brown cabinets and bar. The Marble floors match the color of the walls.

This space is supposed to fit both a living room and dining room but i t seems a bit awkward to me.

Any tips would be much appreciated.

コメント (4)

• PRO
    Laqfoil Ltd.
    4年前

We think that our stretch ceilings would be perfect for your high ceilings. We can make it any print you want or any style. Just check out our page and see what we offer. We'd love to improve your home in the best way possible. Let us know if you're interested.

• PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    4年前

Whatever you do, make sure the furniture you buy is fairly large scale so the ceiling height doesn't dwarf the furniture. Then get lots of big, bold artwork for color. Have fun! Ideas:

Lake Union Loft · 詳細

High Ceilinged, contemporary loft space with greys and natural wood · 詳細

Silverlake Boho Loft · 詳細

• aprilneverends
    4年前
    最終更新:4年前

It looks like a very bright dramatic space, with light floors and walls and soaring ceilings.

I, personally, would look to "ground" it a bit, "humansize" it so to say so it feels more intimate. You'll still have the brightness and light and drama-yet you'll get a home feel vs feel of a museum.

This is very doable with:

-rugs. What's your style?

-don't shy away from colored furnishings. Bold colored even.

-art (I see you have a room for three smaller murals even..but you can take the paneling off and do what you wish. Should be eye level-or approximately eye level. Keep art relatable to your eyes, not your ceiling height. Whatever they have now seem good-if you decide to keep it.

-plants. You can go with big ones:)

-lights on different levels. Say, table lights, floor lamps, sconces..don't keep to chandelier only

You'll need to give us more info about your preferences so we can be more helpful and detailed in our answers. Favorite colors? Favorite stores to shop in, maybe? Inspiration pictures? Anything will help

Size of the family? How the space will function? Do you need storage there? Will you watch TV? we can't talk about placement of furniture until we know what do you expect of a room and what's best to have there. Define it, even vaguely first-and go from there.

• Abdul Aleem Bourgeois
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Thanks for the detailed replies.

To answer some questions:

Favorite colors? Earthy colors or modern

Inspiration pictures? attached

Size of the family? 6 (4 kids ie: 2 early teens, and 2 toddlers)

How the space will function? For practicality, it should contain a dining room. I was thinking to make it a sitting room, without a TV but I may change my mind.

Do you need storage there? No storage needed

Will you watch TV? Probably not

Define it, even vaguely first-and go from there. More of a sitting room,

Here are some pics of things I like

PR