Houzz Logo Print
mollysue23

Wallpaper to compliment?

mollysue23
4年前

Any thoughts on what style/ colour of wallpaper would compliment/ go well with this carpet please. It’s the one in the middle. For our stairs & upstairs landing. Hubby & I are at odds

コメント (12)

• Sonia
    4年前

Agree with Colourhappy. The carpet is a real statement piece and would be best matched with a plain pallet.

mollysue23さんはSoniaさんにお礼を言いました
  • mollysue23
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Thanks guys! That was my thought exactly.

• jennie_denholm
    4年前

I’d go with a grey paint to keep it plain with some black and white pictures.

mollysue23さんはjennie_denholmさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Paintforme
    4年前

Hi mollysue23,

Great carpet, real statement.

There's many factors to consider before any sugestions could be made, i.g. ceiling height, features like picture and dado rails, style of baluster and handrail and skirting, light, and the rest of the house as well as your preferences. (we're all different).

Let us know little more and we may come up with an idea.

Kind Regards,

Paintforme

mollysue23さんはPaintformeさんにお礼を言いました
  • E D
    4年前

So tell us, mollysue, what’s hubby’s thought?

:-)

mollysue23さんはE Dさんにお礼を言いました
  • Gabby Wong
    4年前

I was wondering that E D

mollysue23さんはGabby Wongさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    4年前

F&B White tie walls and brilliant white woodwork (or black for more dramatic look) with grey accessories ... love a bit of plaid ! Go you !! Enjoy !

mollysue23さんはOnePlanさんにお礼を言いました
  • mollysue23
    質問の投稿者
    4年前
    最終更新:4年前

Sorry folks... bit of a manic few days. Bit of a back story... we had a ‘water escape’ flood In our master en-suite so half the house (top & bottom) is getting done up.

Here‘s some more photos. The wall in question is the one directly above the stairs, it currently has the silver sparkle paper on it (I know, don’t).

Also, planning on changing to white woodwork also.

The flooring at the bottom of the stairs is a grey Amtico.

Thanks guys!

ps hubby wants wallpaper... talked him round to a plain wallpaper. I have samples. I’ll try & get photos to post later

pps walls are staying the same shade just getting a fresh coat

• Carolina
    4年前

I'd paint it the same colour as the other walls and hang a large piece of art (maybe a black & white photo of a landscape) on that wall.

• PRO
    World of Wallpaper
    4年前

Hey! Have a look on our website to get some ideas. We offer free samples over on our instagram too (@worldofwallpaperuk) so you can test some out.

https://www.worldofwallpaper.com/

• PRO
    Paintforme
    4年前

Hi mollysue23,

This is very helpful, thanks.

Consider paintfing ceiling&coving and all woodwork one same colour. Brighter white, like Brilliant White or Pure Briliant White to achieve bright finish, but for more sophisticated interior go with off-whites, a colour that match (or be close) to the carpet's cream.

While walls are flat, probably the best idea would be to paint them one colour. You could choose between pales and deeps from greys, browns, yellows and greens, even purples.

However, you've asked for wallpaper so naturally go same direction, plain but coloured wallpaper. Something like https://www.designerwallpapers.co.uk/styles/vinyl-wallpapers/dublin-weave.html.

The silver feature wall could be turned to gallery or art wall.

Good luck!

Paintforme