Houzz Logo Print
tishab2014

Need a Some Ideas for an Abandoned Garden

tishab2014
4年前

I am looking for some ideas of what I can do to spruce up my neglected garden. I also want it to provide privacy and have since found some bamboo plants which I thought could be good but wasn’t to sure as I don’t have a clue as to how I can make use of them in the current state of the garden. I am open to some design inspiration!!

コメント (11)

• Gabby Wong
    4年前

I want to use bamboo as well, although hope to keep it more under control by putting it in long planters beside my fence :)

• Pallas
    4年前

For your own safety, step away from the bamboo! It will eat the fence and the terrace and the house and you will need a JCB to get the rhizomes (roots) out. NEVER believe anyone who tell you that *this* species of bamboo is not invasive. It may work in planters (but then it will need lots of water) -- just don't let it into the ground, ever.

• tishab2014
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

I was thinking of buying and leaving this in planters but it sounds to me like it’s high maintenance and invasive. Just wondering now if there any other bamboo alternatives, trees, grass or plants I could use. Had liked the idea of bamboo because it was going to provide any instant screen (in pots).

• tishab2014
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Something more like this

• Gabby Wong
    4年前

I had thought the same as you tishab2014... nice amount of screening and colour... hmmm

Along my back fence I am planning to maybe have red robin ... you can get specific screening trees that are basically all trunk up to about fence height, or get pleached trees where they're already grown on frames so they spread out horizontally. https://kingco.co.uk/screening-trees 

• Jules Mc
    4年前

Maybe the bamboo will eat your creeping butterfly Gabby lol!! Sorry to hijack this post !

• Emmanuelle
    4年前

Bamboo is absolutely fine if you choose the clumping sort, which is not invasive. I have had mine for a few years without problems. I get rid of the lower leaves, to show off the bamboo wood, and this allow for other plants to grow under. Fab for screening from neighbours!

• Gabby Wong
    4年前

Hahaha different sides of the house Jules! But that could be an idea! Lol

• Pallas
    4年前

I do agree that bamboo is lovely, and removing the lower leaves like Emmanuelle is a great way of showing off the stems. Sadly my experience with different types in the ground has *always* been that they become invasive. Obviously your mileage may vary, as they say, but it is worth being cautious.

Putting them in pots or long planters should be fine on the invasion front (sorry), but just be aware that in that case they will need a fair amount of water. Other than that, they are not particularly high maintenance, sweeping up dry leaves from time to time, that's it, really.

• PRO
    Logi Firepits (Logi Engineering Limited)
    4年前

Dear Tcihab2014

We produce different types of planters and patio screens

There are few few for inspiration

I hope that next week we will add here some new designs

Planters - Dragons and Safari · 詳細

Planters - Dragons and Safari · 詳細

Roses Fence Panels, Patio Screen · 詳細