Houzz Logo Print
bgcana

living room inspiration please!

bgcana
4年前

We are in a rut and with two toddlers and two pets somewhat limited in what we are willing to do (not in the market for new sofa or coffee table until they are older). I’m looking for ideas to meals the living room more comfortable, nice looking and how to keep it separated from the fridge which is right next to red chair. I plan to update the chair but how to either include it with couch or make it a separate reading corner?

コメント (18)

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    4年前
    最終更新:4年前

Nobody can tell a thing from the pic. You need to draw that room, add every dimension for walls, window, door and where the doors go, and also the width of the opening .Every darn inch.

Then note the dmensions of the couch and coffee table that you will keep.i

Take a pic of the VERY NEAT drawing, save to a file and upload as a jpeg.

• decoenthusiaste
    4年前

The fridge will fade from sight if you stop using it for a bulletin board. Do you plan to have TV in this room? Do you prefer to have a traffic lane from the front door to the kitchen?

• bgcana
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Yep I definitely should have given more info. The house was just remodeled with wall between kitchen and living room removed. The kitchen is the last room to be updated and when we do we will be building the fridge in with cabinet on top.
    Having littles who bring home art on the daily maybe someday we will find a better place to display it but for now, the fridge it is. Thinking will find a shallow tall hutch for behind red chair (to be replaced with nicer arm chair down the road). Or a tall reading lamp, something to add some height in that corner.
    Thanks for the tips

• bgcana
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Oh: no TV and yes, wanting to keep lane from door to kitchen

• ashtonchic
    4年前

I like Beverly's floor plan but a would get a smaller table to put on the wall going into kitchen. I'd have bruises from running into it!

• ashtonchic
    4年前

Here is a cute one

Darby Home Co Asheville Half Moon Wood Console Table & Reviews | Wayfair · 詳細

• felizlady
    4年前

Because you want to make the red chair corner a reading nook, put a bookcase against the small kitchen wall in that corner and move the red chair toward the sofa just a bit. That unites the red chair better with the sofa and makes a reading corner, too. Add a floor lamp, if needed. Add window treatments (even if only panels at both sides of the living room windows) in a fabric with a bit of red in it.
    The opening to the kitchen is wide enough that you could put two narrow (18”-24”) door panels, one at each end of the cased opening, reducing the size of the opening and giving some separation from the kitchen. The narrow door panels can be painted to match the doorway casing.

• bgcana
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Great suggestions, thanks!

• PRO
    VRA Interiors, LLC
    4年前

First off we would recommend getting a much larger rug, and hanging art over the table in the corner. Here are some ideas for you.

Rug:

The Luxe in Midtown · 詳細

Artwork:

Wieuca Road · 詳細

• jbtanyderi
    4年前

Art and a larger, more colourful rug would definitely help. The chair needs to have at least the front feet on the rug. Oriental carpets (real or fake) are brilliant at hiding spills.

• felizlady
    4年前

The room has very little personality without color, art and window treatments. You can buy readymade drapery panels, have them made custom, or make them yourself from a fabric you love. Then you can use one or two of the colors in the fabric for a couple of throw pillows, a larger rug, and three accessories ( a vase for flowers, a small figurine and a lamp shade. Art comes in many forms: oil painting, watercolor painting, a print , a poster, a wall sculpture, a photograph, a table sculpture.
    If you prefer roll up shades to opening and closing drapes, pick shades which work with your draperies and only hang drapery panels at each side of your windows.

• Artsygirl
    4年前

Your den art is boring. You need color. Take the art off the frig and put it in frames or use some mod podge to stick it to a canvas and decorate your den with it. Free art that has meaning

• felizlady
    4年前

You could hang two narrow drapery panels, one at each side of the archway (what is a rectangular opening such as this called?). It will give a feel of separation without blocking the opening.

• J J
    4年前

following

• Linda
    4年前

Following

• Ashley Z
    4年前

Following as well.

• njmomma
    4年前

please post pictures of the room as you go along.