Houzz Logo Print
melanieguerrette

I'm lost... please help me choose some art!

So I ordered this carpet ... I'm having a really hard time finding some art to complement it. I'm going for a MCM vibe in my new apartment. Any suggestions? it would need to be available for delivery in Canada. 1,2,3, GO!

コメント (27)

• njmomma
    4年前

I am not a Pro. and this may not be what your looking for, but I just love this!

"Cowboy Asleep in Beauty Salon" Print on Canvas by Kurt Ard · 詳細

melanieguerretteさんはnjmommaさんにお礼を言いました
  • melanieguerrette
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

I also love that!!!

• melanieguerrette
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

I think what is throwing me off the most is the green color in the rug, i'm having a hard time finding any art with a similar color.

• njmomma
    4年前

Use the green color in accessories. Vase, tray.

You will get other suggestions I am sure.

melanieguerretteさんはnjmommaさんにお礼を言いました
  • melanieguerrette
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Would this work?

• tartanmeup
    4年前

Do you love it and want to see it every time you step into your living room?

• threers
    4年前

Look around and educate yourself about what art appeals to you....Please do not buy art that matches your rug; buy art because it makes you happy when you look at it.

• melanieguerrette
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

ok, i'[m a total design loser, but shouldn't it at least compliment the rug? feel free to tell me i'm crazy lol.

• J J
    4年前

following

• PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    4年前

Think about finding some reproductions of graphic design prints from the mid-century era. Could be poster art or abstract geometrics, etc. Here are a few ideas:

"Mid Century - Abstract" Black Framed Art Print, 24"x24"x1" · 詳細

"Trinket III" Black Framed Art Print, 20"x24"x1" · 詳細

"Mid Century - Typewriter" Black Framed Art Print, 26"x20"x1" · 詳細

melanieguerretteさんはSabrina Alfin Interiorsさんにお礼を言いました
  • Annette Holbrook(z7a)
    4年前

The art doesn’t have to “go” with the room. Find images that you like. I find that I am drawn to certain colors when looking at anything, so my art works with my furnishings or rugs because I tend toward certain colors all the time, it’s not intentional. Go look around art.com or similar and collect some that appeal to you, don’t think about the rug.

Also, black and white is always striking in a space.

melanieguerretteさんはAnnette Holbrook(z7a)さんにお礼を言いました
  • Jules B
    4年前

Ok, hopefully I can help. Let me just warn you, I'm not a pro lol

melanieguerretteさんはJules Bさんにお礼を言いました
  • My House
    4年前
    最終更新:4年前

This link helps by allowing you to shop by specific color percentages - manipulate the colors as you search for wall art, rugs, pilows, etc...

Click on the blue bar "SHOW FILTERS"

https://incrediblerugsanddecor.com/search#/Type/Wall-Art/_Color/e3e2df%2013/_Color/867e72%2014/_Color/a5b469%2049/_Color/f2f1f5%2012/_Color/008080%2012

You could choose black & white images/ photos or prints and frame them with a colored mat board.

melanieguerretteさんはMy Houseさんにお礼を言いました
  • tartanmeup
    4年前

Lots of midcentury art had that particular green. It won't be hard to find if that's what you'd like on your walls. Here's one abstract from the first page of the search results I shared above.

melanieguerretteさんはtartanmeupさんにお礼を言いました
  • melanieguerrette
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

so here is what I already bought, but I didnt think it "matched".... let me know your thoughts.

• Annette Holbrook(z7a)
    4年前

I like it. Now find some pillows or a throw in that pink.

melanieguerretteさんはAnnette Holbrook(z7a)さんにお礼を言いました
  • melanieguerretteさんはMy Houseさんにお礼を言いました
  • hollybar
    4年前

If you feel the need to match,do so. Just make sure you like the end result,it is your home. (& tartan just gave a great link if that is your choice) But no,art in a room does not need to match or compliment the rug or the sofa or even the wallpaper. I do think it is good to consider size,light,and placement. But even there,it is a consideration NOT a rule.

melanieguerretteさんはhollybarさんにお礼を言いました
  • arushkaglen
    4年前

Hi! I’m an artist.

• arushkaglen
    4年前

This it more straight on

• My House
    4年前

If you keep what you already bought... Ok.

What size is it?

What about the other walls?

. Consider a pink floral arrangement or succulents on a glass coffee table (glass- so as not to obstruct the view of the Patterned Rug.

Several succulent photography pics?

• melanieguerrette
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

it's 24 x 24. everything else is blank!

• Kim
    4年前

I'd look for something that you love that has one single color in your rug. Don't worry about matching your rug.

melanieguerretteさんはKimさんにお礼を言いました
  • My House
    4年前

Succulents- some folks love them and some folks don't.

However, their shapes can repeat/reinforce the pattern of your rug, as well as add the pink to the gray, blue and citron in the room. One design rule- Repetition of Shapes. Layer room with the same repeated shapes and patterns.

DIY- take pics at a nursery and print to poster size at Walgreens photo or other store. I'm having trouble posting pics, but....

Gray and pink

Pink & Cool grays with touch of blue in the shadows of the leaves ,

• PRO
    It's a Beautiful World!
    4年前

Melanie, it's a lovely rug, with very prominent geometric design. You are right, your wall art should somehow complement it. Repeating similar colors in artwork would be a good idea. And, if you like geometric shapes, you can have those in art too, without making them compete with the design of your rug. Here are a few ideas. If you need a print in Canada, we can have it printed there to avoid international shipping charges. Since at this time we can not ship to Canada from Houzz, just contact us directly and we will explain how you can order a print of our artwork. Hope this helps... Raisa

Water And Ice - Splash, by Ben & Raisa Gertsberg, 12"x16", Fine Art Print Blue · 詳細

Sumo Wrestler In Blue, by Ben Gertsberg, 24"x24", Fine Art Print · 詳細

Triple Perspective, by Ben & Raisa Gertsberg, 12"x24", Fine Art Print · 詳細

• arushkaglen
    4年前
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><md>You got this. Think of it as a pleasure project. What makes you happy. So much can work. I showed you my painting because I think it would be beautiful with your palette and a mid century design. Go look for an abstract in those colors that’s maybe a bit more abstract!