Houzz Logo Print
jacqueline_cicconeburns

Help!! kitchen countertops advice!

This is a picture of our floor, fairly new. We’re remodeling our cabinets to designer white and are having an awful time finding granite, quartz or quartzite - they’re either too busy or too white or too blue/grey (the floor is very warm). Id love some recommendations. The other two pics are two slabs we picked out with a tile from our floor.

コメント (16)

• smileythecat
    4年前

That one would not be the best choice.

• Jacqueline Ciccone Burns
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

I’d love to hear any recommendations

• acm
    4年前

There must be some quartzes that would work with this. I had a gray called Lagoon that was a warm gray, but can't say whether it would be warm enough for this. Take your tile to a counter dealership that has a full set of Cambria samples, and you'll find several to do the job.

Jacqueline Ciccone Burnsさんはacmさんにお礼を言いました
  • emmarene9
    4年前

I agree with ACM

I found this online and it is not close enough but gives you one idea.

The floor is busy and I would not get anything with noticeable veins.

Jacqueline Ciccone Burnsさんはemmarene9さんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    4年前

Once you selected that floor, you limited yourself to plain counter tops, and a warm color. This is the problem of selecting finishes one by one, instead of having an overall design plan.

But now you need to find a counter top that works with the floor, and none of the above choices work--they are too cool in color and have too much veining.

What about a contrasting color? Browns would work--try Caesarstone "Ginger," Silestone "Copper Mist," "Coral Clay," "Ironbark," "Unsui," "Noka," "Sienna Ridge," "Bamboo," "Tigris Sand." Cambria also has quite a few plain stones in the brown/beige/tan color palette.

You could also use a wood counter top--any wood tone would work great with the cabinets and floor.

Jacqueline Ciccone BurnsさんはDiana Bier Interiors, LLCさんにお礼を言いました
  • Jacqueline Ciccone Burns
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

It’s so unfortunate. We did the floor a few years ago never thinking we’d be redoing the rest of the kitchen, at least not this soon. I don’t like plain countertops at all. I hate to spend all that money on the kitchen and not be happy.

• kariyava
    4年前

Those two counters you posted appear much too cool for those counters. I would look at Taj Mahal quartzite (which is stunning and likely has the warmth you need) and black counters (granite or soapstone which can have movement and won't clash with your floors either -- try a honed finish for an updated look).

Jacqueline Ciccone Burnsさんはkariyavaさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    4年前

Sorry but I disagree with Taj Mahal quartzite--it's much too busy with the flooring. But that's my taste. If you can be happy with busy counter tops and busy flooring, go for it!

• PRO
    Ferris Zoe Design
    4年前
    最終更新:4年前
    • Best choice is white quartzite. it has character and just a little veining. Quartzite (the natural one, not the composite) is the most durable of the lot, granite next, but you'll find lots of disagreement on that. The most important part of the search is to go to the stone yard, pick out the slab(s) you want take samples home, make sure the lighting in your kitchen is as it will be when you finish the remodel. Natural stone looks different on every one. A few examples here, but these are just photos and will look different everywhere. If your lighting is being replaced, make sure you use THOSE BULBS OR LED's to make the decision. https://www.ferriszoedesign.com

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    4年前

Glacier White Corian has never had an argument with a floor.

• RedRyder
    4年前

Take the tile AND a door from your cabinets when you shop for countertops. Remember, the countertop and floor don’t sit next to each other. That being said, you need the tonal quality of the counter color to complement the tile.
    What do your cabinets look like?

• cpartist
    4年前

Volga Granite would work.

• Mary Elizabeth
    4年前

I have a kitchen full of Volga Blue - previous owners even used it as a backsplash - all the way to the ceiling on one of the walls. I would give it away if I could!

• herbflavor
    4年前

you might be well served by a dark counter/creamy white backsplash with grout line visible and focus on hardware. Saying that..."dark counter".... there are many ways to do that. then you can just go look at all the beautiful backsplash options and so many will work with a counter like that. You've stayed light with floor and cabinet and inserting a rather monochromatic darker counter will be fine. Need not be black....but gunmetal/charcoal/ honed if desire. that's what I would do...then get moving to the backsplash.

• lindastein
    4年前

following...