Houzz Logo Print
webuser_129722684

countertop quartz variance

Is the variance in this calcacatta quartz acceptable? Countertops have been installed for about 2 weeks and I just noticed this today however we are not living in the house

コメント (2)

• PRO
    Dr Retro House Calls
    4年前

Yes, if you check the Caeserstone website they say; " As Calacatta Nuvo™ incorporates large veins with some small unique natural variation between slabs, we encourage those of you that select this design to view your actual full slabs first hand at the stonemason prior to them commencing fabrication."

https://www.caesarstone.com.au/colour/5131-calacatta-nuvo

I am not sure if your product is from Caeserstone or a competitor, but most manufacturers have a similar disclaimer with their veined reconstituted stone as there is variation between slabs as you have discovered.

If you were selecting from real Calacatta marble from Italy you would definitely check the slabs before delivery as there is always variation in natural material. I suppose the question is - who checked the slabs? Or did you just order for two to be delivered, assuming they would be the same?

Best of luck,

Dr Retro

of Dr Retro House Calls

• PRO
    Compass Kitchens
    4年前
    最終更新:4年前

Hi I think what you are asking is if the stone mason has done a good job matching the Veins from two slabs so they are in line across the join that also changes direction; and the answer to this is yes, this is a really good job when you consider the two pieces have come from different sections of a slab.