Houzz Logo Print
midwestmama_gw

Kitchen Before and After

midwestmama
4年前
最終更新:4年前

I do not know why, but I cannot find my original post. I am showing my before and afters of my kitchen remodel. I did the vast majority of the work myself. The wall paint is Soar by Shherwin Williams flat Cashmere. Cabinets are Benjamin Moore Advance, I forget the color as it was matched to the grout.

And my favorite personalized touch... we have a Boston and a pug...

コメント (35)

• PRO
    Anglophilia
    4年前

Great job!

• cpartist
    4年前

Nice job.

• traci_from_seattle
    4年前

Looks great! And I love the artwork.

• salonva
    4年前

beautiful kitchen. Enjoy it!!

• teeda
    4年前

Wow--what a transformation! Beautiful new space.

• teddytoo
    4年前

Beautiful

• iroll
    4年前

Beautiful, love the retro look lighting.

• PRO
    Skipp Renovations - Designer Kitchens Made Simple
    4年前

Well done! The new cabinet layout and refrigerator placement really open the space up.

• Architectural Notice
    4年前

You did a nice job.

• PRO
    Norwood Architects
    4年前

Vast improvement!

• 2ManyDiversions
    4年前

Really good work : ) I so enjoy seeing the results when capable people do DIY remodel work. Love the paintings!

• PRO
    HomeDecorAZ
    4年前

Very nice update. Modern with warmth.

• PRO
    123 Remodeling Inc.
    4年前

Beautiful kitchen transformation! Your new kitchen countertops, cabinets, and lighting looks amazing!

• Missi (4b IA)
    4年前

lovely! I especially like the artwork-love touches like that!!

• PRO
    Door Corner
    4年前

Very nice. Excellent color choice.

• jck910
    4年前

stove placement is hazardous

• PRO
    Michels Homes
    4年前

Beautiful work! Love the built-in shelving for additional storage!

• PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    4年前

That's awesome!

• midwestmama
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

I appreciate all of the compliments. It took me a long time to finish it! I still want to do more like internal organizers for some of the cabinets etc... but this works in the mean time.

Jck910, can you explain why the stove placement is a hazard? I'd like to understand what I missed on that.

I spent around 12K on the remodel, so I was able to keep it under my budget which made me quite happy.

I picked the shade of gray for the cabinets by matching it to the grout color so it wasn't noticeable where they grout and cabinets met. :) Sometimes I struggle with decisions so that was my way of not having to make one. ;)

I really wanted soapstone but that was out of my budget so I went with a honed nero orion granite. I love it. The original counter had the drop in cooktop in it. It was also wider in that spot and the previous owner had bar stools there. I didn't want people to sit at the cooktop, so I am not sure why that was made that way. I removed the cooktop and made the counter much narrower there, with only the traditional overhang on each side. This gave my seating area more room and was more useful to us. The previous family that lived here for 20 years consisted of only 2 people. I live here with 5 children so the 6 of us needed the table space more. I would really think about replacing the cabinets this time if I started over, but I am pleased with how they turned out.

• smalloldhouse_gw
    4年前

Wow, that's awesome. The end result looks fantastic - everything sparkles.

• jck910
    4年前

There's no protection from the burners as people come through the doorway. I'm surprised it passed inspection

• Barbara Gillice
    4年前

Your cabinets are lovely !

What exactly is that shade of gray ? It looks more like a brownish-grey to me...

• cpartist
    4年前

Since I started the all the kitchens look the same thread, I felt I needed to point out how this kitchen goes beyond the typical gray/white kitchen.

Love the light blue walls and the greige cabinets.

Love that you kept the original floors.

Love that you kept the wood trim around the window.

Love the light fixtures.

Love that you mixed the glass knobs with the pulls.

And even love that in this case you kept the cabinets which have a nice look to them.

And yes, while it does have the white backsplash and black counters, it is not the everyone is doing it kitchen!

• cpartist
    4年前

Oh I especially love the dog prints!

• spindle22
    4年前

Wow. I really love this kitchen. The U shape is my favorite by far. So functional. Those pendants are beautiful.
    My range is the same location as yours. Not sure why one comment mentioned that wouldn’t pass code. I find much safer than having a cooktop out in the middle of a flat open area.

Nice job!

• PRO
    HUDSON REMODELING
    4年前

Nice job rehabilitating those cabinets! They look great.

• cpartist
    4年前

My range is the same location as yours. Not sure why one comment mentioned that wouldn’t pass code.

Ideally there should be a counter on both sides for landing. I know in some areas it would be a code issue, but not in all areas.

• scottie mom
    4年前

What a tremendous improvement. Well done! Nice material and color choices throughout, and I love the minimal-front fridges with maximum storage!

While the range placement might not be ideal, you didn’t have a lot of choices, and it’s miles better than that cooktop in the peninsula.

Enjoy your beautiful new kitchen. And love the doggy prints :-)

• mileaday None
    4年前

Nice transformation. Doing it yourself is tough when you're doing it but so rewarding in the end! I hope some of your kids were able to help : ) Could you please post how wide the aisle is between the counter and the fridge. I'm looking at the same arrangement and want as much cabinet space possible.

• PRO
  • midwestmama
    質問の投稿者
    4年前
    最終更新:4年前

The distance between the counter and the refrigerator is 34 inches.

The paint is Benjamin Moore Advance in flat or matte and the color is Cinder. I matched it to the grout color in my tile. The pictures don't show it well, but there is grey veining in it.

• midwestmama
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Yes!!! I could NOT find that! Thanks!

• luscious111
    4年前

Wow great job midwestmama! Looks so much better than before. Love how you added the huge fridge/freezer and relocated the stove. Great vision:)