Houzz Logo Print
momofthreema

Colored Backsplash?

Looking for feedback on our backsplash. We did grey in our previous house and I loved it, but now u would like a little more color in our current home.
Anyone have thoughts on backsplash tile?
Color or no? And why.
I am including a picture of tile I am considering and the counters we plan to use.
Thanks!

コメント (33)

• suzyq53
    4年前

I think color would be so nice with the subdued tops and white cabs. The blue is my favorite. I have a modern kitchen with Taj Mahal tops and got sea green glass in one area. I love it.

Encinitas Kitchen · 詳細

• Momofthree Ma
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Suzy Q, love the glass, beautiful!

• User
    4年前

Is the last picture your kitchen?

• mark_rachel
    4年前

Color can be great in a backsplash!! I love the soft crackle colors posted. Fireclay & Encore have some options.

• Momofthree Ma
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

No Claire, unfortunately, we’re not that far yet. Just an example
    Of the quartz we plan to use.

• User
    4年前

What is the color of the flooring, cabinets, your walls? Or are in the stage where nothing is installed yet?

• Momofthree Ma
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

More samples just arrived :)
    Bottom and right side tiles are Mercury Mosaic and the top four on the left are Julep Tile.

• chispa
    4年前

You can also look at Pratt & Larson and Encore, both companies have a large selection of colors and glazes.
    https://prattandlarson.com/colors/glazes/watercolors/
    http://encoreceramics.com/product-category/glazes/

• mark_rachel
    4年前

Tile bar has some good ones...

• Fori
    4年前

I like that green. I finally got around to doing my backsplash and remaining countertop in a Pratt & Larson green. (Fireclay's "Kiwi" was the first choice but it wasn't smash-resistant enough for the counter.)

• lurkerlisa
    4年前

We have red back painted glass sheets and we love it!

• Momofthree Ma
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Fori, do you have any pictures?

Lurker Lisa, so fun!

• PRO
    Kiyohara Moffitt
    4年前

I do like the images you posted of that white and grey quartz counter and the grey handmoulded splash tiles. If you stay neutral on the attached finishes like counters and tile, then you can paint your walls a color if you want, which is easy to change when you tire of it. And often there are many items in a kitchen with color, so there is bound to be splashes of it on counters and shelves. Think long-term on the fixed elements.

• cpartist
    4年前

I love a colored tile backsplash! Mine is Jeffrey Court tile. I'm so over everything white on white, gray on gray or white on gray.

• gthigpen
    4年前

I'm planning on a very subtle blue for our backsplash.....most similar to that juliptile pic you posted. The one I've narrowed down on is a Waterworks tile, but just requested one last sample from Heath to make sure I didn't miss a good one. We have a warm gray quartz so it's been hard to find a blue that was warm enough to coordinate with it. The tile from Waterworks is listed in their gray family but in our kitchen, it has a slight blue tint.

• Cyndy
    4年前

I love the colored backsplashes! My plan is something similar to CPArtist - but I am going to wait until counters are installed to even pick samples up.

• User
    4年前

Love the red and the sage green!

• User
    4年前

Oh and the green grey

• Irene Morresey
    4年前

http://www.sandandsisal.com/2016/05/coastal-kitchen-makeover.html.

Found the above site interesting using coastal colours, lovely ideas,

• PRO
    Attaway Homes
    4年前

For many, a kitchen is a place where friends and family gather. It is a great area to add personal touches and color. It doesn't have to be dramatic color, but something that draws the eye. A mix of colors and shapes like you have selected are a great idea! Please share the finished product and Good Luck!!

• Helen
    4年前

Preaching to the converted as I opted for colored tiles in my newly remodeled kitchen - also did colored tiles in my newly remodeled bathrooms :-).

• Momofthree Ma
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Love all these pictures of people’s fun and unique backsplashes...I am getting excited!

Thanks for sharing!

• Momofthree Ma
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Mark_rachel, I ordered some samples from tile bar thanks!

• Alex C
    4年前

We went with floor And decor la belle in air 3x12 it’s likea blue grey. We tried to find a green, but that was near impossible to find a color we liked that wouldn’t kill the pocket book.

Also attached a better picture of our counter top.

Manufactured said it’s super white.

sorry It’s not cleaner photos.

• felizlady
    4年前

I love the first pic posted...green glass colors with white grout and white counter. In that case, the white of the grout refers to the white counter, and the greens are soft but pretty.
    I do not like big contrast between backsplash and counter such as colored glass splash and veined counter unless the glass matches the veining.
    IMO, the splash color must reference the counter material even if the only match is the grout to the counter. Differing patterns don’t work unless the color matches.

• Cheryl Hannebauer
    4年前

following..

• OneRidgeOff
    4年前
    最終更新:4年前

I’m a big fan of color in backsplashes too: Helen’s and CPArtist’s are two of my recent favorites around here.

if you love color, go for it! I especially like your blue tile from the Instagram pic in your first post- seems a natural compliment to your counters. But obviously get several samples, i did not even attempt to choose from my many samples until everything else was installed, especially new lighting.

My previous kitchen I went with a safe neutral backsplash since we were looking at an upcoming resale. But, it was so boring to me as a lover of color. My next house was done For Me and my tastes, as we plan to stay many years and I wanted to Love it, this time around.

• Momofthree Ma
    質問の投稿者
    4年前
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><md>I think this is like the mercury mosaics tile that I posted first with the slight variations from tile to tile.
  • Momofthree Ma
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Trying this again, I think the pic had something wrong with it.

• PRO
    Inner City Skyline
    4年前

it all depends on the color cabinets and countertops you are planning on installing. Dark cabinets, light backsplash and so on. Try a neutral themed kitchen can add value to your property and look great too.

• Momofthree Ma
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Mark_rachel, thanks for the fireclay recc! It is one of the finalists for our backsplash, and I just love it!