Houzz Logo Print
aflynn85

Help with 2 story great room

I need help with our windows in our great room. I'm removing the fan and replacing it with a black 40" 2 tiered ring light, painting the walls and putting down a creamish plain area rug. And (my dream come true!) getting the fireplace drywalled over). I've included a picture is our couch.

I know I need to add color so was planning on doing it in the windows. I am thinking decorative panels, not usable drapes. I'm not sure how that would work with the arched windows.

The windows face east and are old Pella windows with the blinds between the panes. The ceiling is 22 feet and the room is 18 x 21 feet.

コメント (4)

• apple_pie_order
    4年前

Spectacular windows and fireplace. There's no room for decorative panels because they'd obscure the window trim. Try putting some color into the space with a large colorful painting over the fireplace.

• PRO
    Design Directives, LLC
    4年前

Your room has a lot of potential! I would suggest, if you don't like the color of the brik, painting the brick rather than drywalling so that you keep the texture. Side panels would work in on those windows because there is no place for them to stack and they would make your windows look smaller.

I like the style of the light fixture you picked, but your room is so large I feel like the light fixture needs more heft, more visual mass, beefier.

Check out Ironware International for more options

• calidesign
    4年前

I would leave the windows bare. If you do decide on panels, mount the rod across the top straight portion of the window, and remove the blind inside the top quarter circle. I think it may look crowded so close to the fireplace though. I wouldn't drywall the fireplace. Paint the brick instead so you keep the texture. Otherwise, if you drywall you will need some sort of molding detail for such a large ceiling.

Custom Home in Black Rock Estates · 詳細

To add color, I would find a darker patterned rug that ties together your sofa and wall colors. I think a plain cream rug with those walls and the gray sofa will look very dull.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4年前

This is a duplicate post now you need to go to both for your answers.

PR