Houzz Logo Print
sgordon871

Wall decor and 2x2 modern windows

Chris
4年前

Hi. Does anyone have any suggestions for what to do on this wall? These windows looked better on a blue print. So many squares! Thanks!!

コメント (15)

• decoenthusiaste
    4年前

Fred's lamp and table charts can be helpful.

Chrisさんはdecoenthusiasteさんにお礼を言いました
  • Chris
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Good advice! I like those ideas and the mock up. We have been privileged to be the keepers of family antiques that just can't find a home in this new home. That's what you are seeing on either side of the bed. Do we leave the space above the headboard alone/ blank or ???

• decoenthusiaste
    4年前

Wait until the tables and lamps are in to decide. You might add a mirror or art that replicates the windows' shape.

Chrisさんはdecoenthusiasteさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4年前
    最終更新:4年前

I would hang drapes on the windows so that they are hanging behind each night table then add some larger lamps as suggested. I assume these are not the only windows in the bedroomso I would do the same drapes on the others and keep the ones on the square windows closed

• chispa
    4年前
    最終更新:4年前

Maybe a more interesting headboard to break up all the squares and right angles.

I used the Jonathan Adler Woodhouse headboard, which is available in many different fabrics. Not my rooms below.

https://www.jonathanadler.com/furniture/by-category/beds-and-headboards/woodhouse-queen-headboard/24-1800005.html?dwvar_24-1800005_fabricType=Velvet&dwvar_24-1800005_quickShip=custom&dwvar_24-1800005_base=Black&dwvar_24-1800005_fabric=BrusselsCharcoal#start=12

• User
    4年前

I wouldn't put drapes on those windows...I would hang a drape panel from ceiling to floor between the windows.

• Chris
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Thanks Patricia and Chispa

Thise are great suggestions.

The pictures and attachments look really nice. We originally planned on having minimal window covering, but I'm coming around to a lot of new ideas. Below is a picture of the weird way the architect place the windows on the wall( so close to the corner!). We were able to fix this before it happen upstairs. But it was too late for this room. the curtains will completemy cover that corner. I now know why someone would build another house. we made a lot of mistakes we could correct the next time round.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4年前

I would do the drpaes as i mentioned on the square windows and a roman shade to match on the bigger one.

• Chris
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Thank you for all the ideas. It is so helpful to get different options. Just about every bedroom we have is going to need window treatment troubleshooting. I shouldn't have taken for granted that the architect knew what he was doing. Our daughters windows for example.... below...... ugh ..... on paper and on the exterior elevations, I guess it made sense. But I digress, I'm trying to take it room by room or I'll get stressed out.

• calidesign
    4年前

Your daughters curved headboard looks better near those windows. I would change yours to a high curved style, and then you won't need anything else above the bed.

Living on the Lake · 詳細

Chrisさんはcalidesignさんにお礼を言いました
  • Chris
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Good point.,,,Calidesign . I think I should take pictures of each space I'm working on...the pictures make somethings very clear. thank you!

• calidesign
    4年前

Yes, for some reason you see things differently in a photo than you do when looking directly at something. That trick also works for artists to help see their artwork more clearly.

• PRO
    Nandina Home & Design
    4年前

We might do a round mirror over the bed, and drapes on both windows to make them look like long windows.

Woodside Updated Traditional Home · 詳細

ChrisさんはNandina Home & Designさんにお礼を言いました
  • Chris
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

That looks good too! thank you!

PR