Houzz Logo Print
anyone4tea

External paint of traditional - help!!

anyone4tea
5年前
Hi everyone,

I have a traditional style home, and it is very dated. I’m thinking about repainting the whole thing - including brick - replacing shutters with wooden stained ones, but am stuck.

I’d like this to be a warm white/cream, with dark wood or black shutters/windows - and would like to add corbels to add a bit of interest.

Is there anyone with an inspiring idea who could help?? Thank you so much!

コメント (11)

• PRO
    Sanctuary Homes LLC
    5年前
    最終更新:5年前

I think it would look so pretty a warm white with french grey trim and shutters. I would totally change the vibe and the metal roof accents would be perfect for this look. I am not a "don't paint the brick" person. There are ton of high end homes in our area that have painted brick and a look that could never have been achieved without paint.

• chloebud
    5年前

Please don't paint the brick. It is really nice and likely adds value to the house. Your double windows are too large for shutters. Trim the plantings back so they're not blocking the windows.

• User
    5年前

You have a lovely home that's very much NOT dated...

Don't add anything :)

ETA: agree about the landscaping...it's a shame to hide those lovely windows.

Also...I'll have tea, please :)

• flopsycat1
    5年前

Agree. Trim the shrubs, remove the shutters. Instant update.

• houssaon
    5年前

Agree with what has already been suggested. I would also remove the dividers from the garage door windows.

• chloebud
    5年前

Agree with houssaon regarding the garage windows. I would replace them with windows that mimic the house windows.

• anyone4tea
    質問の投稿者
    5年前
    Thank you! Ok - faced with a couple of alternatives - including the unpainted brick (for the brick purists among us), which do you think? 1- with bronze metal roof and dark pewter shutters, 2 - 2 with the grayer shutters, or 3 - don’t touch the brick lady, just paint the shutters, fix those utterly outdated windows on the garage door and for pity’s sake trim those bushes!!
  • houssaon
    5年前

• skunst2017
    5年前
    Paint the brick and put grey shutters ....lovely look !
  • PRO
    Sanctuary Homes LLC
    5年前

Option 1 all the way!