Houzz Logo Print
frmrsdghtr

Cannot figure out how to layout my livingroom.

This is a main pass through. You need to use the stairs to get to all the bedrooms. The front door opens through to this room. There is a large bank of windows and a large opening to the dining room. The floors are hardwood which means I need a rug and I just can't figure out where to place my furniture. Any ideas?

I hope these are helpful. Not the greatest I know :(

コメント (5)

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    5年前

since you really only have one usable wall for the tv and so many path ways you need to float the furniture in the center.

Janelle VanさんはRL Relocation LLCさんにお礼を言いました
  • Nancy Ingram
    5年前
    Here’ what I recommend. 9 x 12 rug centered on window. You could go 10 x14, but it starts to get too far out into the walkway from the other room opposite the sofa. But it will depend on the length of your sofa. Goal would be to have all the furniture sitting on the rug in this case. Once you get your furniture placed, you could use painters tape to map it out on the floor.
    Janelle VanさんはNancy Ingramさんにお礼を言いました
  • Janelle Van
    質問の投稿者
    5年前

Thank you both! It feels like the room is slightly too small to float the furniture but I will try it.

• PRO
    Monarch Sofas
    5年前

LOVE your suggestion @ Nancy Ingram ! are you a designer?

• Nancy Ingram
    5年前
    Not formally. Just spent 30+ years in corporate design doing space planning and furniture specs.