Houzz Logo Print
patrina_cossey

Go on then what's your latest impulse buy for your home?

Patrina
5年前

You know that moment you walk into a store and that one item screams at you, TAKE ME HOME! in my case it was not just one but four. No idea where they are going I was just drawn to them ;-)

コメント (394)

• Sonia
    4年前

Patrina my husband is astronomy mad, he would love it! 😁

Sam, love a coffee table book! 😁

• Jules Mc
    4年前

Ha ha another book for me as well Sam! I need to stay out of Homesense. I'm like a toddler on haribos!

• Jules Mc
    4年前

Love that Patrina. I do hope it's for a velux window or skylight in a loft conversion, like he's dropping in for a coffee😂☕

• Patrina
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Wish it was Jules but alas he lives on my dark painted office wall. However, I did say to hubby that it would be cool in a loft conversion :-) hint hint 😁 For now he will keep my company when I am working from home.

• Jules Mc
    4年前

😂 Love it Patrina!!

• Anthony (Beano)
    4年前

Love the pic patrina, as you know I’ve got a few space bits and pieces, love them :-)

• Ribena Drinker
    4年前

Sooooo before Xmas, expecting a grim and chilly January and February, I splashed out on a new set of snuggly, brushed cotton flannelette bedding.

Needless to say the weather in my neck of the woods has been positively mild and far from grim and chilly, so it's all still in it's packaging. **eyeroll

• E D
    4年前

Rather chuffed with my latest ‘impulse’ buy.

Thanks to some loyalty points discount, I ordered this original oil painting, framed and all for the princely sum of £65.

Can’t wait to find a good spot for it. Probably in the bedroom, which is slowly but surely turning into an artful celebration of the female species. 😊

• Sonia
    4年前

She’s lovely E D. So you got this lovely lady from Sainsburys with your Nectar points? 😊

• PRO
    Alternative Flooring
    4年前

House plants! We just cant resist a bit of fresh greenery at the moment and that would be our impulse buy!

• PRO
    JAMEITE Hand-painted Silk Wallpaper Co., LTD
    4年前

Three little monks, they mean: don't look. No listen. No mention.

They are beautiful.

• Patrina
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Thanks @ JAMEITE Hand-painted Silk Wallpaper. I think my mom refers to them as See no evil, Hear no evil ans Speak no evil. They now live on our bookshelves in our home office 😁

• E D
    4年前

Haha Sonia, no Nectar points but a similar, albeit much more generous loyalty points system from online art company Sulis.

By just logging in daily and having bought from them before (already at low prices) I earned £30 in discount vouchers and already on my way to my next tenner. 🤗

There you go. My secret’s out... 😮😊

• Sonia
    4年前

Sounds great E D - I’m always a devotee of a discount! 👍

• Patrina
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Sounds great to me E D 😁

• Mary Mary
    4年前

Bought today from my fav local junk shop for £40.00. We were going to take the feet off and hang it on the bedroom wall, might leave it as it is and then I can turn it round as the other side is diff.

• Patrina
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

OK @Mary Mary I am thinking I want to start having a mooch around the junk shop you go to 😁

• Mary Mary
    4年前

Your welcome Patrina it’s in Ludlow, a very wet Ludlow at the moment 💦💧

• Patrina
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

@Mary Mary or maybe not it would be an epic joirney just for a mooch around lol

• E D
    3年前
    最終更新:3年前

What say you about these 75cm high, bought on a whim, wind chimes?

Put in a cheeky offer for it on EBay and it got accepted. 😱

I’m in two minds, one minute I like it the next I don’t.

I like the look, but also feel it may be too prominent, drawing too much attention to itself.

To put it into context, the mirror may look smaller in the photos, but it’s a generous 120cm diameter.

Over to you, yay or nay? 😊

• Monica
    3年前

E D its sheer perfection. I do not think it looks out of place or demanding too much attention, but it might need something a little larger in scale where the other ornament is for balance. I love it. Clever you for finding it and I love, love, love that lacquered sideboard.

• Patrina
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

Looks fantastic E D I love pieces like this. Nice Find 😁

• Carolina
    3年前

Definitely yay!

• Victoria
    3年前

Yay

• Jules Mc
    3年前

Yay! Wish we could hear it!!

• Sonia
    3年前

Oh it’s lovely E D. I’ve never seen anything like it. I also love the painted cupboard and that lovely mirror. Thumbs up! 👍👍👍

• E D
    3年前

Thanks for your kind words everyone! 😊

Jules it does sound very nice. I will probably use it in some recording or other, so who knows, you may hear it one day... 🎶😄

Been experimenting with its position and other items around it but I actually have been meaning to get rid of clutter and not add to it.

On its own it probably looks best anyway but I still feel it wants to be the centrepiece too much.

The sideboard is too high for it, it seems, but I have nowhere else to put it.

• Monica
    3年前

What does it look like in the middle E D ? I feel it would work well as it comes down in layers and wouldn't block the mirror as its quite sheer in appearance. Would need something either side though so that might not be what you want.

• E D
    3年前

Monica, I did try it in the middle, but it looked too much like a sort of altar that way

Actually In the photo it doesn’t look bad...

• Monica
    3年前

Oooh you know what?? I much prefer it there though. Does it bother you ?? The mirror grounds it and it makes more sense, also works with your other ornaments <3

• E D
    3年前

Yes, it’s certainly better balanced.

And it probably does need ‘stuff’ around it... 🤔🥺

• Monica
    3年前

I LOVE stuff LOL

• Victoria
    3年前

Me too 😂

• E D
    3年前

I always THINK I want to get rid of stuff, but maybe I should just admit (to myself) I’m not a minimalist...

Homes look better with stuff.

• E D
    3年前

Ok, I’m gonna live with it like this for a while...

• E D
    3年前

Well, that ‘while’ was short lived! 😊

Can you spot it? 😄

• Monica
    3年前

LOL

• Sonia
    3年前

It’s in the naughty corner.....😊

• Mary Mary
    3年前

Two chairs bought at our local salvage yard £72.00 the pair. Even comfy.

• Patrina
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

My latest little Facebay buy, a pair of brass bookends. Needs a bit of polishing but I really like them.

• Victoria
    3年前

I love eBay 😂

• Ellie
    3年前

Does 4 bottles of gin count? They are for the house.

• Victoria
    3年前

🤣

• E D
    3年前

Victoria, I'm envious...

Actually, of your under stairs storage!

• Victoria
    3年前

Thanks @E D 😊

• E D
    3年前

oh and I do like the skis. What are your plans for it?

• Victoria
    3年前

Well, I was aiming for exterior Christmas decor but my OH thinks they will get stolen 😢

• minnie101
    3年前

Victoria you’ve prompted a search for a vintage wooden sledge (for about the 5th year running!)

Could you not secure them somehow?!

• Victoria
    3年前

Possibly. I’ve also got vintage skates, and a sled OH made about 35 years ago.

• Patrina
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

Your Skis remind me of my Ski trip to France earlier this year @Victoria all the vintage Ski equipment on the Chalet walls 😁 seems like a thousand years ago now with this lockdown.