Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_5549046

Hallway Ideas!!!

User
5年前
I’m stuck with ideas what to do with our hallway. I hate the red quarry tiled floor but don’t know what to do instead. Suggestions please

コメント (10)

• User
    質問の投稿者
    5年前
    I don’t really have a preferred style just after some suggestions really. On a lower budget as well.
  • Sonia
    5年前

Hi, I agree quarry tiles are grim aren’t they? You could get some vinyl fitted over the tiles (not sure if it needs boarding first) say in a nice patterned tile. Then how about a grey and white theme - mid grey walls and white woodwork? Or a dark and moody blue. Something like this:-

• cranked_up
    5年前
    I would go for sheet vinyl, it comes in so many styles and colours, can be either tile effect or wood effect. The floors would need to be screeded first to get a flat surface and then the vinyl is laid on top. Good luck - I’m sure that you’ll find something that you love.
  • PRO
    Sutton Timber
    5年前
    最終更新:5年前

Hi there, Good quality engineered wood flooring is very hardwearing and looks very impressive. Using a lighter timber such as ash in your hallway would look very impressive. Laying the boards in the direction towards the door affords invites you into the space and leads the eye in . Running boards in the direction of a light path so that the light picks up on the end joints also helps highlight the natural features of the floor. Small points but worth considering and can definitely enhance the size and feel of a space. If we can offer any advice on engineered flooring please do not hesitate to contact us.

• minnie101
    5年前

I agree with forzaitalia and would go for vinyl tile effect as the pattern will add some interest. carpetright do a couple of nice ones and they also have a room visualiser. Unfortunately it keeps crashing on my iPad but it's old so I would give it a go. I hope you don't mind me saying but I think the radiator cover is a little too large. Personally I'd remove it and add a wooden shelf over the top. Then add a mirror, a vase of stems, maybe a nice diffuser and a candle.

i must admit I quite like the tiles so another option is to add a runner for some texture

• E D
    5年前
    最終更新:5年前

Yes, definitely remove the radiator cover and replace with shelf/ mirror and think about boxing in your meters etc above the front door.

I also quite like minie101's suggestion of a runner.

It feels a little counterproductive to me to replace a good quality floor with something like vinyl (even LVT).

It might be more sensible to leave the current flooring (at least for now) and concentrate on decorating first.

• Emmanuelle
    5年前
    Hello! Nice suggestions above!
    I would also consider a sisal carpet... suits every period, tough, neutral style and would look lovely next to your wooden floor!
  • Sarah
    5年前

Hi emerlee123, your hallway looks very similar in size and layout to mine, so I thought I'd share what we've done. I noticed you're on a budget and ours was done on a budget too. Hope this is helpful to visualise something similar....

Walls are painted in Dulux Blueberry White. I love this colour, it's so fresh and calm. We continued this same colour in the cloakroom and up the stairs onto the landing. Light fitting is 'Adele' pendant from John Lewis (£35). The pictures don't do the fitting justice, it's worth seeing in store if you can, it's so pretty. Flooring is oak effect laminate which we only just put down (you may notice the skirting isn't fitted yet as this is the next job on our list). I got the mirror years ago from TKMaxx. Our radiator cover was here when we bought the house. It's probably a little dated for me as I prefer a more modern look but the quality is nice so we've kept hold of it. It's a little smaller in size than yours.

We have some small, simple wall art as well heading up the stairs and by the front door in white square ikea ribba frames.

Good luck with your project, look forward to seeing some pictures when you've completed it:-)

• PRO
    Cormar Carpets
    5年前

What about making a grand entrance to the home with a brand new carpet? A hallway is often one of the most neglected spaces in the home but why? It’s often the first thing that a guest will see. It’s worth spending time and effort on making this area welcoming. Have you considered letting a striped carpet take centre stage? Our Avebury collection, made from 100% pure new wool comes in either a neat, level loop pile or a textured loop pile and offers four tonal striped designs that can be worked in the hall and up the stairs. Or if you dare to be bold, opt for a charcoal grey shade to add a pop of style. Team with lots of white or cream woodwork to keep the look simple and sophisticated. We’ve attached some inspiration pics – let us know what you decide! Here’s a link to all of our carpet ranges https://www.cormarcarpets.co.uk/ranges/carpet-ranges/

Boucle Neutrals · 詳細

Avebury · 詳細

Sensation Twist · 詳細