Houzz Logo Print
trubuildcon

Do You Have A Storm Door On Your House?

TruBuild Construction, LLC
5年前
最終更新:5年前

Do you have a storm door on your house? Feel free to share your reasons why you do or do not below!

Yes
No

コメント (20)

• simmtalker
    5年前

Two regular doors, yes -- no for French doors.

• CLC
    5年前

No storm door on our current house......the front door is well protected by a porch and overhang, and I much prefer the look. Our last home had a minimal overhang with no front porch (just a few steps), and we had a storm door. I have considered adding one to our current home to let more light in during the fall/spring/summer months, with a retractable screen for an added breeze. but overall I don’t miss having one that much.

• Jamie Ludwig
    5年前

California-No one has them here! Not needed!

• PRO
    Carl Williamson Designs, LLC
    5年前

No storm doors. Esthetically I cant stand them (or screen doors, retractabl, low profile screens are great however). If you have a beautiful, well made front door that was installed with a proper, airtight seal, why would you cover that up with a storm door?

• K Laurence
    5年前

No use for one , like Jamie stated no need for one... 60’s & 70’s year around. We don’t even have screens, no bugs, leave our French doors open usually.

• tiggerlgh
    5年前

I have one with a retractable screen (so normally just looks like glass). I love it on nice days to be able to have the front door open to let in light and get a cross breeze in my living room. They are very common where I live in the Midwest.

I have a nice covered porch so don't use it as much for a storm door as I do for light when its nice out and on days like today with wind chills way below zero I will take all the protection I can get (not that I think it helps much if at all).

• K R
    5年前
    We live in hurricane prone south Florida, so yes, we have an impact door.
  • hazelcraddock
    5年前

Today it is -9 degrees without the wind chill. The airport is closed and there is no mail delivery.

I'm in the upper midwest. Yes, we have a storm door.

• CLC
    5年前

@ Carl Williamson - we had to replace the front door and sidelights of our last home (only 9 years old at the time), because we had so much rot underneath the door and sill plate. Snow would fall or blow in and collect at the door. We were told that the install, flashing and waterproofing the sill plate were done correctly; the rot/water damage would have not happened with a storm door in place to keep the snow from collecting at the door. I would not go without a storm door in the Midwest unless there is a significant overhang/porch to protect from falling and/or blowing snow.

• V K
    5年前

I'm in Michigan. I do have one on my current house but do not have one on the house I am building. Remains to be seen if I will miss it! Both doors open to fairly well protected porches - I've never had snow collect near the current house door. The biggest advantage I can see to the storm door that I have now is having the option for allowing daylight into the foyer. The new house door is so pretty that I didn't want to obscure it at all, and the foyer is much brighter anyway.

• chloebud
    5年前

We're in Southern CA...no.

• grapefruit1_ar
    5年前

Yes we have them at our two homes. Aside from keeping the house warmer during the winter a storm door allows you to let in light and fresh air during the warmer months. I cannot imagine not having one here.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    5年前

I live in S. BC inCanada no one has storm doors here except to allow a screen door in the summer I always suggest a phantom screen for clients to allow the air to come come in in the summer.

• Anne Duke
    5年前
    No storm door, but many people here (California) use those godawful steel security doors. Ugh.
  • Kathi Steele
    5年前

I have a storm door that has an interchangeable screen. I love having my front door open and in Indiana we have flies and mosquitos, so it is great having the screen door.

In the winter when the temp is not too low, the sun shines in in the morning and I open the front door and the sun shines in thru the glass and heats up the downstairs.

• olsenla
    5年前
    Missouri—yes, I have storm doors on all exterior doors. Provides extra insulation on these cold winter days, and on warm days the rest of the year I can leave the solid door open so that more light enters my condo. Plus my cats enjoy looking out the full view glass doors. :-)
  • ci_lantro
    5年前

Sub zero high temperatures this week in central Wisconsin. Of course we have a storm door.

• PRO
    Carl Williamson Designs, LLC
    5年前

I live in Maryland. We experience our fair share of cold temperatures and snow in the winter along with heat and humidity in the summer months. For me, a storm door is a matter of preference. I personally do not believe they are aestheticly pleasing in any way shape or form and therefore advise my clients against them.

• Momof5x
    5年前
    No need where I live- most of the year it’s really hot!