Houzz Logo Print
taneill93

styling pine furniture

taneill93
5年前

Hi there!
Im seeking anyones opinon on how to upstyle an old pine bedroom setting for the sale of our house.
The rest of our house is muted grays whites and blacks and this bedroom setting just doesn't match the house but i cant afford to buy a new bedroom setting.
How can i style it to make it more appealing to the future buyer of our house?
please help

コメント (24)

• Angeliclee
    5年前
    Can you afford to paint the Pune with Dulux Chalk paint and make it shabby chic
  • taneill93
    質問の投稿者
    5年前
    i thought about painting it but to be honest im a terrible DIYer haha and have no patience! i think i might have to just grin and bare it though
  • siriuskey
    5年前

Even if you just did the two chests of draws, add a couple of lamps, hang a large artwork on the wall above the bed head, something from the cheap shop. $20 should get you something ,nd add a couple of pillows with plan covers, teal, pale green etc

• julie herbert
    5年前
    Some gorgeous bedding, lovely throws , large euros and a few throw pillows will distract the eye from your bed, some greenery and a pair of lamps will look beautiful, artwork adds to the look, are you able to remove end just for styling, some flowers on your bedsides and it will look great.
  • taneill93
    質問の投稿者
    5年前
    I was considering getting rid of the side tables all together, just so there is less pine in the room. What colour bedspread and artwork do you think would best mute the pine colour?
  • siriuskey
    5年前

Keep the chests of drawers painted or not for lamps, people want to know that they can fit some where to put things down next to the bed.. Your bed cover is fine, s it a doona and needs a doona in it. Work with what you have to save dollars, you can take it all with you.

• julie herbert
    5年前
    I would go all white bedding, a white and grey throw on bed, if you have a chair that would look great, yes take the bedsides out, that will tone down the room, check Kmart for artwork, they have some large prints in grey abstract at the moment
  • taneill93
    質問の投稿者
    5年前
    I feel like i can hide the bed head with plenty of cushions but the end of the bed is just so chunky and i cant fit a small bench seat at the end to hide its ugliness. Im just stumped for ideas ♀️
  • bigreader
    5年前
    The bed linen is a bigger problem than the bed. Iron it, add some new pillows into the pillow cases and a plump Doona into the cover, and add a couple of throw pillows. The handles on the bedsides date them more than anything so you could change those. If you want to stick with a tropical theme add some plants and some prints.
  • JE C
    5年前
    Could you go up a size in your doona and doona cover ( Ikea or Kmart wont cost much) and drape them over the pine foot of the bed. As you say cover up the bedhead with cushions etc ( use European pillows from Ikea if poss) and I agree with Julie, use white doona cover, and iron it really.
  • julie herbert
    5年前
    Are you able to remove the end, if not place a couple of gorgeous throws strategically placed to hide part of the end.A gorgeous tray on the bed adds a luxurious look, could look beautiful and distract from the bed
  • dreamer
    5年前
    In agreement with others. White quilt cover.
  • siriuskey
    5年前

Plump up the doona, crisp white fitted sheet, perhaps a stripped top sheet or similar or just white, drape the doona over the end of the bed per the photo and fill up with pillows and cushions. I try to keep a set of sheets just for inspections if you can see them and no used pillow cases to be used for inspections. Snake plants are always great.

• KK1000
    5年前
    Keep the furniture just get a large white bedspread and few velvet cushions and a rug to go with cushions all from IKEA , couple white table lamps and maybe some prints above the bed.
    Keep it simple and you will be able to use all the items in the future.
  • PRO
    Styling Guru
    5年前

Hi there,

I would definitely get rid of the side tables. They automatically date the look. Your double bed is passable and with a little colour injection will not be so noticable. You could add colour with the side side tables, think black, white or a splash of colour. Then add some modern lamps and bring the side table colour into cushion accessories on the bed and wall art/prints. I would keep the bed covers neutral and use the cushions and throws to add interest to the over all look.

• siriuskey
    5年前

Hi taneill, how have you styled your other bedrooms

• taneill93
    質問の投稿者
    5年前

The rest of my house is very neutral so you see my dilemma with this terrible bed

• siriuskey
    5年前

Ok, I would still go with the palm doona you already have and style similar to the photos I have already, but add new side tables to match the white and timber you have in the master and add another similar black and white framed sketch above the bedhead which now ties to your side table and add another potted fig as per you master. The grey carpet should pull it all together beautifully, How about trying that and taking a photo, you could use the side tables, sketch and fig from the master to see how it looks. Love you other rooms and I think the splash of blue green and gray will also look beautiful. cheers

• siriuskey
    5年前

PS I don't think that's a fig but it looks great, you could even try your grey sheets and pillows styling the bed with the sheets hanging down and the now plump doona partly over the end of the bed

• julie herbert
    5年前
    Hi Taniell,
    Just do pure white, large euro’s to hide headboard put a throw to hide part of end and that beautiful tray with some gorgeous items on it a fabulous plant and it will look great, your other rooms are beautiful
  • julie herbert
    5年前
    Those photos showing how they have placed the throws to hide the end you could always fold the throw for a more uniformed look.
  • siriuskey
    5年前

You could even try re purposing your old side chests to save money,

• siriuskey
    5年前
    最終更新:5年前

You can even make or have quilted or other fabric covers made to cover timber bed ends they can be made to slide on or tie at the sides

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/267330927853700960/?lp=true