Houzz Logo Print
jillbach

What Should I Do With This Range Hood Cover?

Jill Bach
5年前

My kitchen has a built up drywall structure covering my range hood. My countertops are going to be Silestone Blanco Maple.I am using an artistic glass tile as the backsplash and am thinking of doing some type of metal covering the bottom portion of the hood cover that had previously been tiled. See photos for before, now and samples of backsplash and countertop. Welcome any ideas for that area or suggestions of people in the DFW metroplex that can fabricate something for it.

Thanks!

BEFORE

NOW

BACKSPLASH

COUNTERTOP

コメント (7)

• PRO
    Classic Structures Inc.
    5年前

Stainless, tile or wood. If it is stainless then you would have to find a fabricator to build something. You could also remove it if you can find an off the shelf hood. What is your budget and where is the project?

Jill BachさんはClassic Structures Inc.さんにお礼を言いました
  • Jill Bach
    質問の投稿者
    5年前

Thanks Classic Structures. We are located in Dallas. Thanks HALLETT & Co. The countertops are being fabricated already so let's hope they do well. They are actually cooler looking in person. The backsplash has been delivered and when I look at it together it looks good. I have a hard time visualizing the room as a whole. Below is a wider angle shot as well as other areas of the kitchen. It is pretty large. The cabinets in the nook area with the floating shelves were incorrectly ordered and are going to be standard counter height. The light fixture is being replaced with something more contemporary.

• PRO
    Holley Pokora Interior Design
    5年前

I probably would have pulled it out and hung a new stainless steel hood with exposed flu up to the ceiling. it would feel less heavy and afterall its just made of drywall, not real precious to keep designing the room around. It would coordinate with the silvery color of the backsplash.

Jill BachさんはHolley Pokora Interior Designさんにお礼を言いました
  • Sammy
    5年前
    最終更新:5年前

Since this kitchen is now in the sleek/contemporary category with the finishes you’ve chosen, I think I’d keep it simple and buy a stainless hood or maybe get a hood that matches your uppers from the company that built your cabinets. Besides, the backsplash tile is what you’ve already chosen as your focal point.

Jill BachさんはSammyさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    HALLETT & Co.
    5年前
    最終更新:5年前

Love the hood, I would add a 1/4" moulding the width of the floating shelves along the bottom of the hood to finish it off. I would probably paint the whole hood the upper cabinet color (though I don't hate it the wall color)

Keep thinking about the tiles, they get busy real fast.

• missenigma
    5年前

I think this is what HALLETT & Co. is trying to get you to think about regarding the backsplash tile selection:

Jill Bachさんはmissenigmaさんにお礼を言いました