Houzz Logo Print
sophie_cross37

new cashmere gloss kitchen

just had a new kitchen fitted cashmere gloss stone quartz work topz still a few finishes needed but would like to see opinions on backsplash and whether the wall colour is too blended with units any other suggestions

コメント (7)

• artisan_1
    5年前
    Your kitchen is beautiful as it is, however if it was my kitchen, I would need a little pattern somewhere. I think I would add patterned tiles on the wall behind the hob. I would keep it all neutral colours though.
  • Carolina
    5年前

Lovely kitchen. I'd go for glass, only on the back wall, up to the upper cabinets and where the cooker hood is up to that and the entire width of the gap. Depending on the colour: if you go for a light neutral colour (which I would do), I don't think you'd need to include the jutted out part on the left side.

And I like the colours, don't think the walls are blending in too much.

• PRO
    AluSplash
    5年前

Sophie your kitchen renovation is wonderful! What a difference, and the space looks so much bigger. I would recommend continuing with a neutral theme. It makes the space look brighter and fresh. For a backsplash, perhaps add some texture with a gloss finish either in a neutral colour, or even something like what we offer in a shade 'space silver'. Your kitchen reminded me of a recent customers renovation, shown in the picture below!

Our backsplashes are an aluminium-based kitchen backsplash and interior wall panel, an ideal alternative to glass, acrylic and tiled backsplashes.

Offering a high gloss look-and-feel at a fraction of the cost, AluSplash is affordable, easy to install, clean and maintain. AluSplash is not only fire-resistant and safe to use behind all popular cooktops.

Available in a wide range of vibrant and earthy colours, AluSplash lends a sleek and contemporary look to any residential, commercial and retail space.

• PRO
    User
    5年前

Hi Sophie - great job - we just did a makeover for a customer in matt cashmere and the customer selected some glass - he said he wished he had gone for a stronger colour! - I would keep with glass easier to keep clean and is much tougher than acrylic!

There are companies where you can even have a good quality photo that means something to you and your family fitted to the back of the glass - when you sell the home you can change.

How brave are you? this isn't a cheap option - bespoke glass from Steve Robinson - you can see in John Lewis - does look amazing in the flesh - handmade glass - see this link

Steve Robinson Glass

Hope this helps - one idea so you don't waste your money - why not paint the wall the colour you were thinking of having - leave for a month to see if it works for you?

Another idea if you want to play safe why not have the splashback in the same quartz you have?

Have fun - be brave!

• PRO
    Painthouse
    5年前

Thats a really good-looking kitchen you've got there! A bit of contrast on the walls would finish it off nicely though. How about a cool green? Or a blue? We offer a PEEL & STICK COLOUR BOOK (with peelable, stickable, reusable colour swatches) so you could try out different colours on your walls to see if they work. Let us know if you'd like us to send you one.

• PRO
    FAIRFAX FLOORING
    5年前

Can't really give a design advice, I just want to compliment your kitchen, it looks amazing! Great job!