Houzz Logo Print
smbest3

Cherry Cabinets, wood floors and dark granite. Backsplash to update?

smbest3
5年前

20 year old kitchen. Looking for minor remodel update. Want to brighten the kitchen with the backsplash. Trying to avoid having to get new granite/quartz but not out of the question.

コメント (14)

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    5年前

Stainless steel mosaic tile could work.

• smbest3
    質問の投稿者
    5年前

That is funny you said that. That was my husband's suggestion. See pictures. I also like the diamond white but not sure if it blends. I am also switching knobs to handles (there is one in the picture) and perhaps switching out the under cabinet hood to stainless if possible. Would that be too much stainless? The current fake cabinet hiding the hood seems so dated.

• PRO
    Skippack Tile & Stone
    5年前

Can't tell if your counters are dark green or black; a soft green subway would look great.

smbest3さんはSkippack Tile & Stoneさんにお礼を言いました
  • Sammy
    5年前
    最終更新:5年前

Those tiles you picked are not working. I like the idea of a sage-y or celadon green (maybe) terra cotta or brick tile. Do you have undercabinet lighting? How about overcabinet? If not, add those first (undercabinet at the very least). And I can get on board with a new stainless hood. Btw, why is there a panel on one side of said hood and not the other?

smbest3さんはSammyさんにお礼を言いました
  • smbest3
    質問の投稿者
    5年前

@Sammy I think the sagey or celadon would work, not sure if terra cotta would lighten things up to much. By brick tile do you mean brick/subway in the sagey or celadon color? Ha! I took one of the panels with me to store to try to blend in with my cabinets and uba tuba countertop (mostly black with flecks in it). Have undercabinet lights but will upgrade them from fluorescent to LED dimmable. I just added Glass Linen on the left (from Lowe's - grey color) and Feather Herrinbone Mosaic on the right but would use the 3 x 6 Brick layout. Has a greenish tone to it.

• Mid America Mom
    5年前

What color is the counter??

• Sammy
    5年前
    最終更新:5年前

clétile.com“@Sammy I think the sagey or celadon would work, not sure if terra cotta would lighten things up to much. By brick tile do you mean brick/subway in the sagey or celadon color.”

Yes? ;)

Actually I was thinking of a terra-cotta brick tile glazed in a celadon or silver sage so you wouldn’t really see it as being a terra-cotta tile. Know what I mean? I’m kind of headachey at the moment so I’ll show rather than tell—sort of. Here, look at this website:Clé tile glazed terra-cotta tile

Glass is also lovely in a grey/green/blue.

Regarding the Ubatuba: I think it gets a bad rap as being basic, but, it’s really very beautiful and very versatile. So please keep it. :)

And one of my favorite tile sites: Fireclay glazed thin brick

• sprtphntc7a
    5年前

i agree with Sammy, a light soft green would be really nice... i would not go with gray or stainless anything..

you have a "warm" kitchen and SS is anything but. the Moroccan tiles are not the correct style for your kitchen. you have a traditional kitchen, so be sure the 'go' with it. glass leans modern, so be careful with that.

fireclay has gorgeous tile that would def. work with your kitchen.

i would do ORB for your handles vs. polished chrome. accentuate the warmth, don't bring in cool elements.

• rantontoo
    5年前

You are trying to update so I would avoid mosaic tiles in favor of something classic. The mosaic look is not as on trend as it once was.

Have you spent time on Houzz looking at wood kitchens with dark counters? After 50 kitchens, you should get a sense of what you like. I would go with a light color that plays well with your counter.

• Donna E
    5年前

I would use a white, simple tile. A little creamy, not too stark or too yellow.

• heatheron40
    5年前

Simple warm white and shiney for more reflection, classic like cherry cabinets and lighter paint

• PRO
    Chi Renovation & Design
    5年前

If you are trying to update a dark kitchen, stay away from too much pattern, and from interesting tiles. Do something very simple in a light color. If your counter is black, do a white subway. If your counter is green, a light green subway tile will work.

Artistic Urban Remodel · 詳細

• PRO
    Fairway Style Living
    5年前

Gorgeous kitchen and appliances. I think your kitchen would be so enhanced and transformed with a natural-appearing light quartz countertop and full splash. Take a look at Silestone Lagoon, I think it would make the next chapter in your kitchen feel truly timeless (it's also very hardy!).

PR