Houzz Logo Print
claire_newill

Building a new property in our garden

I am looking into the feasibility of building a single storey dwelling in my mum's garden so that she can downsize without leaving the village she lives in

コメント (4)

• Claire Newill
    質問の投稿者
    5年前
    I am looking for advice about where to start. initially want to get some idea of the plot is big enough and what chances of the local planning authority approving in the setting. who should I approach for this intial feasibility assessment?
  • PRO
    Lacey Architecture
    5年前

Hey Claire,

Probably best to approach a planning consultant then an architect/architectural designer.

I am unsure as to your location, if you are Bath (or Shrewsbury) based I can recommend some planning consultants.

If the the planning consultants agree its feasible in outline they will suggest you get some planning drawings created, hence the architect/designer.

Hope that is ok some help, best of luck!

Kind Regards,

Verity

• PRO
    Bassets Builders
    5年前
    Feel free to contact me for advice.
    I'd be happy to survey your site for you.
  • PRO
    The Classic Barn Company
    5年前

Hi Claire,

We have a really easy to understand guide on planning permission for garden buildings on our website. It's completely free to download, so if you're still looking for help this could be a good starting point for you.

If you're looking for an oak framed building, we could also help with designing and building the dwelling.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.

https://www.oakgarages.com/planning-permission-permitted-development