Houzz Logo Print
wgt123

Concealed cisterns - what do you think

kwg kwg
5年前

Hello,

I'm planning to have a concealed cistern in the downstairs WC, using the Geberit Sigma 8cm as my stud wall is 10cm. What are you experiences of concealed cisterns? Good / bad? What happens if something goes wrong? Do you have to take off all the tiles etc? Unfortunately I cannot have access from behind the wall on the other side either as my kitchen cupboards will be on the other side.

Any advice, comments most appreciated.

コメント (7)

• kwg kwg
    質問の投稿者
    5年前
    最終更新:5年前

Hi Gillian Spark,

Where is your removable panel?

• Jonathan
    5年前
    I had one at the last house. The flush plate was removable. I did actually have a problem with the flush and a part needed replacement which was all done through this small opening- slightly awkward but quite possible.
    kwg kwgさんはJonathanさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    User
    5年前

Just from a repair perspective, yes things do go wrong and yes the flush plate comes off for 'maintenance', however, if you get a problem such as having to replace the whole cistern box or leaks etc from such, then no you can't just stick your hand in the access hole.

Thus, if you can instead of tiling over the top of the false wall, put a wooden top, or tiled removable top / stone top..............anything that can be lifted off, it will make life a lot easier for your poor repair man.

kwg kwgさんはUserさんにお礼を言いました
  • kwg kwg
    質問の投稿者
    5年前

Hello Man About The House, yes I was thinking from a repair perspective and leaks. I'm not usually a fan of having things concealed but due to space restrictions I need to have the cistern hidden.

• PRO
    Designer-Walls & More
    5年前

30 yrs experience, and i always buy German, parts are always available, for maintaince, these cisterns are not fit and forget, but quick maintenace is a major plus

• Gillian Spark
    5年前
    Hi
    Our removable panel is behind the loo
    in a cupboard arrangement with a tiled shelf above.
    Hope that helps
    Gilly