Houzz Logo Print
houzzuk

Is Orange the New Black?

HouzzUK
5年前

From zesty to burnt, tangerine to apricot, orange was a dominant colour at this year's Salone del Mobile and have taken the design world by storm ever since.

What do you think? Would you introduce this colour at home?

Vote in our poll below and tell us why in the comments.

sofas · 詳細

And if you're not quite ready to paint it on all four walls just yet, try introducing [accent accessories[(https://www.houzz.co.uk/ideabooks/111111947/list/colour-trend-zesty-orange) like these.

Yay
Nay

コメント (17)

• PRO
    User
    5年前

May be a cushions or paint in a cloakroom where both are easy to change when your over the orange phase.

• Juliet Docherty
    5年前

Orange, terracotta, brown (they're all orange) was bound to come back as it's the polar opposite to the dark grey/blue that has dominated for so long.

• 2019privacy
    5年前

It can look good in daylight, but you have to factor in the way under electric lights orange can look too orange.

• acew1234
    5年前
    I have a lovely orangey colour on my kitchen wall, looks warm in winter and bright in summer.
  • rachelmidlands
    5年前
    Given the current trend for dark blues, greens and greys in interiors I think orange is a natural counterbalance. Look at a peacocks wings for example. I think Pantone are also tipping that orange will feature a lot in future trends. I personally love orange.... except when it’s orange knotty pine furniture:)
  • minnie101
    5年前

I'm not as keen on the zesty or paler shades but love burnt orange and the terracotta shades which I have a couple of bits in. If I needed new dining chairs (and had the budget) I'd be tempted by these gubi chairs!

• minnie101
    5年前

and I also love this combination!

• Juliet Docherty
    5年前

Orange, aubergine and stone, lovely combination.

• Juliet Docherty
    5年前

How funny, Minnie, Anthony Beattie, I am looking for orange dining chairs. Was teaching a colour workshop today and orange cropped up a lot in the colour palettes.

• PRO
    North Leeds Garden Design
    5年前

Orange is a brilliant colour on the walls but getting the right shade was tricky. I used to have a living room with two walls a bright/burnt orange and the opposite two walls were pillar box red. It had two big sash windows and white above the picture rail and on the ceiling with a pale wood stripped floor. I loved that house!

• PRO
    Go Modern Furniture
    5年前
    最終更新:5年前

A big “Yay” from Go Modern.

The Geo Armchair is a great example of how to add orange to your living room. The Geo Collection from luxury Italian brand Saba is designed by Paolo Grasselli and was launched in Milan this year.

• PRO
    Inside Story Photography
    5年前

It works really well as an accent colour where the rest of the room has more neutral tones

• PRO
    My Bespoke Room
    5年前

We love using orange as an accent colour, check out this project in Camberwell. Orange works especially well combined with brick, wood (and black)!

Open Plan Living & Dining Room in Camberwell · 詳細

A traditional living room with a splash of contemporary · 詳細

• cornwallsharon
    5年前

My daughter's new room is going to be all grey and white with pops of vivid colour and orange is one I want to use a lot of. This is the chair that I've upholstered to go into the scheme.

• Mairead o'Leary
    5年前

I have painted my back splash in Festive Orange by Fired Earth. Looks amazing in what would otherwise be a very plain kitchen. Mairead