Houzz Logo Print
hannahxhanz

Need help for new bedroom

hannah glass
10年前
最終更新:10年前
Moving in to new house, this is the only photo I have of the room. I need inspiration for colours and furniture. One wall has white glossy built in wardrobes with mirrored doors on one end. The room size is 12’6 X 13’1 - situated to the rear of property with two double glazed windows, radiator, laminate flooring. I appreciate your help! The things I won't change are the floor, cupboards and wallpaper (which I have attached an image of). The feature wall is behind the bed.

I love soft, warm, cosy colours.

コメント (16)

• PRO
    Whispar Design
    10年前
    Is the photo shown of the former owners furnishings? If so, do you already have a duvet set you plan to use? Since the bed is often the focal point of the room, if you have a duvet set you really like you might consider using that as inspiration for the rest of the room to pull colors and patterns from.
  • decoenthusiaste
    10年前
    Select your bedding first - you can never find a match after you've done the room, so let linens guide your other choices.
  • houssaon
    10年前
    Very pretty wall paper. You could continue the gray on the other walls and hang gauzy white drapes with shades:
    Feldman Architecture · 詳細

Then you can pick a color as an accent to grey and white.
    Contemporary Bedroom · 詳細
    Guest Room Redesign · 詳細
    Guest bedroom · 詳細
    and
    Habitat Gift Home · 詳細

Assuming that where you took the picture from is the door to the bedroom, that would put the head of the bed by the door. It would be nicer to see the bed as you enter. Would the bed work on the wall with the windows or opposite the cupboards?

Good luck!
    hannah glassさんはhoussaonさんにお礼を言いました
  • Gin
    10年前
    I think you need to decide first if you are going to have more color in the room or in the "items" (linens, art work, furniture). It can become overwhelming if you have colors everwhere... Personal opinion is to have a neutral "zone" of colors and to add "pops" of color - either on the walls or in the items in the room, but not both... so rare that they match and even when they do - it becomes very - "matchey-matchey" - - if that's a theme...
  • hannah glass
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    @whispar yes this is how the room has been left

I agree with all of your comments, i'll need to find a suitable bed and bedding... I really like beds with tall headboards however i'm unsure that it will look odd against the floral wallpaper. What do you think? Also, I love solid wood and oak furniture but i dont think the contrast between the high gloss and wood will work in this room. Do you think I should ditch the wood idea?
  • hannah glass
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    @Darzy LOVE that bedding
  • decoenthusiaste
    10年前
    Look at some tufted gray velvet if I'm reading the wallpaper color correctly.
    Tall Grid Tufted Headboard · 詳細

Diamond Tufted Headboard · 詳細

Bernhardt "Rami Wing" Tufted Headboard · 詳細

Skyline Furniture Tufted Wingback Headboard · 詳細
    hannah glassさんはdecoenthusiasteさんにお礼を言いました
  • hannah glass
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    the wallpaper is 'charcoal and biscuit'
  • decoenthusiaste
    10年前
    As houssaon mentioned, place your bed so the sleepers can view the door - it is proven to improve sleep due to a more secure feeling. In addition, the view from the entry should be of the focal point, which usually is the bed.
  • hannah glass
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    @houssaon I didn't think of moving the bed, I do like that idea
  • hannah glass
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    I think what I'm mainly having problems with finding one bold colour that will go with that wallpaper. Overall, the main colour palette will be neutral (see image)

However I do want some essence of colour. I have attached a few ideas, what do you think works at what doesn't?
  • decoenthusiaste
    10年前
    Have you investigated orange?
  • PRO
    Hawk Kitchens and Bathrooms
    10年前
    Love the plum with the neutral scheme, here's a design i put together with the bed facing the wardrobes, would have better bedding and curtains, i will research some for you.
    hannah glassさんはHawk Kitchens and Bathroomsさんにお礼を言いました
  • hannah glass
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    I am warming to the plum, i like it with the golds and greys.

@decoenthusiaste i use the colour orange every day at work and have slightly developed a phobia of it!
  • Geneviève
    10年前
    For the wall

Willow Creek 1468 · 詳細

for the bed
    Ines Grey Duvet Cover · 詳細

Caney Ivory 20" sq. Pillow · 詳細

Scribble Window Panel, Feather Gray · 詳細

Athens Table Lamp In Chrome With Grey Faux Silk Shade And Silver Foil Liner, Sol · 詳細