Houzz Logo Print
15519aquia

Is That a dishwasher to the far right?

15519aquia
10年前
We're planning an outdoor kitchen. I want a dishwasher & my husband doesn't think it's necessary. Your thoughts?
Built-in BBQ · 詳細

コメント (3)

• PRO
    Danzo Group Custom Cabinets & Woodworking
    10年前
    Hi 15519aquia,

Thank you for your question!

I have not seen too many dishwashers in outdoor kitchens.

To me – the dishwasher would be a personal preference and would also depend on the layout and size of your outdoor kitchen. If the kitchen is going to be pretty large and you are able to store your serving dishes and BBQ utensils then it might be nice to have the dishwasher outside so that you do not have to keep going back and forth from the house kitchen to backyard. It would also save yourself from double clean-up - in the indoor and outdoor kitchen.

Good luck on your project! If you have any other additional questions, please feel free to reach out to me.

Chris Danielsen
    PhatC Inc.
    626-232-9129
    construction@phatc.com
  • PRO
    COASTROAD Hearth & Patio
    10年前
    - We've only installed one dishwasher in an outdoor kitchen, but it was a really fully equipped kitchen and it was covered, so it was essentially a duplication of the indoor kitchen two stories up. Take a look at the layout below, standing in the middle and looking to the three sides.

At the time, there weren't any outdoor-approved dishwashers, so the downside was that we had a "no warranty" installation. At least one manufacturer (ASKO) makes an outdoor model now.

The amount of equipment you put into your outdoor kitchen is directly in proportion to 1) the distance from the indoor kitchen and 2) your budget.

P.S. The little thing to the right of the grill in the photo above is a 20" compact undercounter refrigerator.
    P.P.S. Nice job, PhatC
  • PRO
    Danzo Group Custom Cabinets & Woodworking
    10年前
    Thanks for sharing @COASTROAD Hearth & Patio! Your pictures look great!