Houzz Logo Print
sue_daniel49

Transformational Remodel of 70's ranch

Sue Daniel
5年前

My In-Laws built this home in 1972 on 3 acres of beautifully wooded land. After my FIL's passing in 1995, the home saw little maintenance. My husband and I purchased the home and moved in to care for MIL and the property, with the plan to do an extensive remodel on the home so that it would continue to bless others over the next 40 years. We also wanted to take advantage of the gorgeous views of the woods from the interior of the home.

Here are the Before and After shots of the exterior of the home:

After:

Back of home BEFORE:

Back of Home AFTER:

It has been a true transformation of the exterior. We struggled with the decision to paint the brick, knowing we were creating a maintenance item where we had a maintenance-free brick before, however, after seeing the stone wrap on the house, we knew we had to paint the brick and are happy with the decision.

Thanks for looking!

Sue D

コメント (14)

• PRO
    Homey Design
    5年前

Great job on the renovations! Your house looks amazing.

Sue DanielさんはHomey Designさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    CAGE Design Build
    5年前

Wow! Fantastic job. Love the back's transformation. What a great space to overlook the woods.

Sue DanielさんはCAGE Design Buildさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    5年前

That is gorgeous!

Sue DanielさんはOTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.さんにお礼を言いました
  • Marcy
    5年前

It looks fantastic! Good job!

Sue DanielさんはMarcyさんにお礼を言いました
  • Sue Daniel
    質問の投稿者
    5年前

Thank you all for your kind comments!

• PRO
    Designer Drains
    5年前

Baby Got BACK! Your backyard is lightyears ahead of the old look. Enjoy the new home!

Sue DanielさんはDesigner Drainsさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Stecki Construction
    5年前

Looks amazing! Absolutely love the backyard! Quite the transformation! Thanks for sharing!

Sue DanielさんはStecki Constructionさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Mega Builders
    5年前

Looks fantastic!

Sue DanielさんはMega Buildersさんにお礼を言いました
  • Bev
    5年前

Fabulous job! It does not look like the same house!

Sue DanielさんはBevさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    M&R Custom Millwork Inc
    5年前

Stunning Job!

• suzieqindy
    5年前
    @Designer Drains - thank you - my husband designed and built the retaining walls, and landscaped it himself. We’ve since painted the retaining walls to match the railing.
  • felizlady
    5年前
    You have created a beautiful home which blends beautifully with its beautiful setting. Well done.
  • PRO
    Maya Construction Group
    5年前

Looks gorgeous. I agree with everyone here. The updated space looks very modern, practical, and inviting!

Love the new colors and that backyard is just stunning. Painting the brick is such a good decision.