Houzz Logo Print
frauleinleni

Television over a fireplace?

frauleinleni
10年前
Is it ok to put a Television over a Gas Fireplace.

コメント (10)

• PRO
    OnePlan
    10年前
    Well heat rises - so your tv will get warm - it's not so good for your posture either ! But it seems to be a trend that's here to stay ! Just be sensible - if it can be set back a bit so the heat is not going straight for it - that will help ! But if you think it may be a fire risk then DON'T DO IT !
  • PRO
    CDR Design, LLC
    10年前
    I don't recommend it for

1) Above reasons given
    2) You are looking at bright fp and tv at one time
    3) The 2 focal points are competing

As OnePlan says, people do it........ chiropractors and eye doctors will be seeing an increase in business.....I guess it's good for them.

If you have a dilemma, would be happy to look at it if you post pictures.
  • Blue
    10年前
    Agree with other comments. I never realized that the height of a tv made a difference until I moved and suddenly had choice. My tv is mounted SO MUCH LOWER than I would have done it. It looked strange at first but I followed advice. Now I'm happy I did. Not just for comfort reasons. But also for design aesthetically
  • frauleinleni
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Thank you everybody for advise .
  • PRO
    JWinteriors
    10年前
    Everyone jambs their TV set in the corner. With the size of the larger screens, it makes sense to put it above the fireplace. Some think that you have to raise your head to view the TV, when in truth, you are only raising your eyes. The only time I would avoid it, is if your fireplace is exceptionally high due to a 2 story living room. The mantle deflects the heat of the gas fireplace.
  • smileythecat
    8年前

I really don't get the tv over the fireplace placement, but the last post makes a little more sense.

• papillon2
    8年前

Fojanzam's solution is better than most I've seen, but TV is actually supposed to be viewed at eye level. Some types of TV's lost definition when viewed from other angles. Check to see that yours isn't one of those.

• PRO
    Intermatic
    8年前
    I'm not a fan of the TV above the fireplace for all the reasons giving below. Mostly I think the space above the fireplace should be used to showcase artwork or arrangements. I have this dilemma in my condo. I am building a 10" feature wall that extends out from condo wall, in order to recess a ventless firebox. I'm them going to have floating shelves on both sides of feature wall. Where do you put a flat screen TV that balances out the room and doesn't encroach on the beauty of this feature wall?
  • needinfo1
    8年前

Think about potential crick in the neck issues and uncomfortable viewing position with a tv that is mounted above a fireplace.