Houzz Logo Print
dsciontijr

ASAP....please...slate appliances????

dsciontijr
5年前
最終更新:5年前

Inquiring on the slate appliances from GE. I really like it's look but I'm not sure if it scratches easily like the black stainless does. Has anyone purchased the slate appliances and found them to be durable or less than durable? There are so many options available, it's hard to make the best decision. Any info would be great and appreciated.

Thank You

コメント (10)

• PRO
    Appliance Educators
    5年前

Slate won’t scratch easily, but keep in mind it does show white underneath. They do sell a touch up paint on their website for around $22. If you have any others let me know and we can schedule an online appointment to discuss them. Thank you.

dsciontijrさんはAppliance Educatorsさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Appliance Educators
    5年前

In response to the last part of your question. While it won’t scratch easily, it can scratch by being hit with a ring or hard object. It tends to scratch “easier” than black stainless.

• dsciontijr
    質問の投稿者
    5年前

thank you for your response....I heard that the slate was more durable then the black stainless. The black stainless was said to scratch before the slate???

• PRO
    Appliance Educators
    5年前

It really depends on the brand. Hopefully Bosch will introduce black stainless in all of their appliances soon. They are the only company that has a true black stainless through and through oppose to a coating. Saying it tends to scratch easier may have been a poor choice as both can equally marks if hit the right way. It is nice that GEs touch up paint is available and easy to apply. When scratched, slate is more noticeable, I should have stated that instead of easier.

• Rita / Bring Back Sophie 4 Real
    5年前

Not answering the question you asked, but I can't help but mention; regular stainless is going to look the best long term, without fear of the color being discontinued.

dsciontijrさんはRita / Bring Back Sophie 4 Realさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Anglophilia
    5年前

Forget the back stainless and slate - these are passing fancies the appliance industry is trying to promote to get us all to buy new appliances and think our stainless is "dated"! Stainless is not, and it's a far more versatile finish and easier to keep looking nice, than these new darker finishes.

dsciontijrさんはAnglophiliaさんにお礼を言いました
  • deborahacarter
    5年前

Appliance Educators

If you can find me the correct touch up paint for the GE Slate Refrigerator cabinet, Model #GSE25HMHJHES, I will crown you the Best Appliance Educator. GE has sent me 3 different "greys", and all of them are too dark. GE does not seem to know what color paint they use to manufacturer their own refrigerator cabinets. The color they claim matches, does not match.

• User
    5年前

We love our GE slate fridge, no fingerprints. We've had it for 3 years with no scratches and my ring tends to scratch things, like the car door... etc. Just ordered the slate gas range because the grates are level and sturdy corner to corner, and the temperature control check in the oven happens much more often than other brands, keeping the temperature swing at bay.

• deborahacarter
    5年前

Montana Girl:

I like my slate color also, but just hope you do not ever get a scratch because GE, who makes the appliances, has no clue what color paint they use in the making of those appliances in order to purchase touch up paint.

PR