Houzz Logo Print
carolbrandywine

Emergency! - Drawer depth decision mid installation

Kendrah
5年前
最終更新:5年前

We are mid installation on our custom cabinets. Workers get here in an hour. Need help fast!

Blum drawer slides only come in 3" increments. Our counter depth drawers are next to our 24" deep sub-zero.

In design phase cabinet maker said our drawers were really shallow at 13.5" interior drawer space. I agreed and gave go ahead to make them deeper. Now I realize that I agreed to making not only the whole pantry unit 27.5", but they also built the side wall to the fridge unit and the over fridge cabinet 27.5" deep too.

A major point of getting sub-zero 24" deep fridge was to have on floor space in our narrow, city row house kitchen.

If they cut the units back to be flush with the sub-zero, not only are the drawers shallow, but there is 5" of dead drawer space at the back because the Blum closures only come in 3" increments.

5" dead space in a small kitchen is irritating me. Not having counter depth drawers and side panel on a counter depth fridge is also bothering me. Is there a third solution I am missing?

What to do?

コメント (12)

PR