Houzz Logo Print
vjoseph

Templating of a zero radius sink

wilson853
6年前

Our fabricator wants to use a 1/4" radius on our zero radius sink rather than using the template that was provided with the sink. This sink has two internal ledges for accessories. He says that using the template radius will cause stress in the corners and possible cracks. We are using quartzite for our countertops. Anybody else run into this issue? If you have photos, I would love to see them.

コメント (5)

• PRO
    Mary Porzelt of Boston Kitchen Designs
    6年前

I have seen two quartz countertops with a stress crack because the radius was too tight. In both instances it was in a corner-not on the sink.

wilson853さんはMary Porzelt of Boston Kitchen Designsさんにお礼を言いました
  • Chessie
    6年前
    最終更新:6年前

I think he is correct, for corners in general- not sure about sinks. Joe would be the one I would ask.

wilson853さんはChessieさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    6年前
    最終更新:6年前

I'd put a small radius in the corners. It will look fine. Much better than a repaired crack.

How lucky do you feel?

wilson853さんはJoseph Corlett, LLCさんにお礼を言いました
  • wilson853
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Thanks all for your feedback. Quite frankly Joe, I haven't felt very lucky at all through this whole project. It has been one screw up after another.

Since they will do no less than 1/4" radius, we are doing a positive reveal on the sink flange - just back far enough to clear the sink corner so the counter isn't hanging into the sink. I hope it ends up looking OK.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    6年前

It will be fine.

wilson853さんはJoseph Corlett, LLCさんにお礼を言いました
PR