Houzz Logo Print
in_the_city_flet

Need help identifying Architectural style!

コメント (10)

• Michelle Fletcher
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    最終更新:6年前

Georgia.

• PRO
    StijlTree
    6年前

Then you could call this a simplified ranch style house, prairie style might be a bit of a stretch but sometimes you get stuff like this in places where it, traditionally, doesn't belong.

• ashtonchic
    6年前

Is it a duplex? (2 doors in the front). Looks like southern Lowcountry architecture. Also google Acadian house style.

• Pat Reddrick
    6年前
    I have seen houses like this all over the South. When revamped, they can be lovely. I am not sure of the double doors. Is this a duplex or was one door an entrance to an office? I hope this house is yours and you will treat it lovingly.
  • mzloolue
    6年前

I think it is a Greek revival cottage. How old is the house?

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    6年前

Low Country Cottage. See this site for inspiration.

http://ourtownplans.com/

• gtcircus
    6年前
    Looks like a low country southern home. Look at A. Hayes Towns architecture.
  • PRO
    HALLETT & Co.
    6年前
    I would call it low country vernacular but that’s just a catch all term for cottages here. This could have been built anywhere from 1880 to 1940, simple Greek revival details and classical ornament that lend some sophistication but no complicated parts or skills requires. Nice proportions on the front, hope you are keeping it as it all seems really intact.

This is the architecture that has been revived for new towns like seaside Florida.
  • PRO
    StijlTree
    6年前

I would place it before 1915 or so. The house adopts clear vernacular architecture from southern states and lacks evidence of being built with air conditioning in mind. A lot of vernacular styles in the south were abandoned when residential air conditioning was implemented.

Additionally, I'd avoid taking on Greek to the described style because it seems to draw more from colonial Acadian architecture than consciously from any neoclassical source. I know I said otherwise earlier, but the morning brings new light to the pictures.