Houzz Logo Print
ranimelborai

Switching out built-in lights to pendants

Hullo! We just moved into our first villa in Dubai. It's a rental and while most of the lighting in the house is nice, its a bit of a fluorescent disaster in the bedrooms. We have pendant lampshades that we want to use but when I asked the maintenance team to help me put them up he said that I need a wired fixture, given that the fixtures I have for the pendant lamps attach to wires that just hung out of the ceiling at our previous apartment.

There's a slight language barrier going on so I didn't really get what he was saying I needed to buy.

Here's a photo of the inside of the light setup they have (sorry for potato quality).

What do I need to buy/do? Or should I just give up and change out the fluorescent bulbs to soft yellow ones?

Thanks!

コメント (1)

• PRO
    Kendall Lighting Center
    6年前
    That looks like a flush mount fluorescent light fixture. However all of my knowledge is based out of the United States wiring codes. We follow certain standards, NEC codes regarding junction boxes, wiring, etc. I would consider buying lamps for softer ambient lighting, if maintenance won’t install your lights. It doesn’t look that strange of a light, but apartment buildings have different codes than single family homes too.
PR