Houzz Logo Print
matt3135

kitchen tiles needed or not

matt3135
6年前
Hi, we have a fairly large length of wall and at the moment it’s just painted. I’d like to add some colour, maybe yellow? Shall I do just a splash back or cover the entire wall. Any ideas of suggestions would be cool.

コメント (14)

• PRO
    OnePlan
    6年前
    I like it as the photo- it’s very classy... maybe add splashes of colour with fresh flowers ( Daff’s ) and bright tea towel or kettle etc.
  • User
    6年前
    Maybe pick up the light colour as accessories? but agree this is stunning and no need to add splash back. You could do this in a few years when you want a change.
  • matt3135
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    Thanks guys. Colour with accessories sounds good, was thinking as well if changing to fabric bar stools with some colour to make it look a bit less sterile.
  • minnie101
    6年前

Hi. It’s a lovely kitchen. Looking at your other post and the estate agent photo I can see it’s new, looks a great house. Will the pendant lights be going? They’re lovely but quite cool, just wondering if you’d consider copper to add warmth? I just think it needs accessorising. Flowers of sort and rustic fruit bowl on island (I always suggest eucalyptus as I love it but any will look good!). Then a pile of chopping boards against the wall units and you can then add more colour for any other accessories and include a potted herb for the worktop. I tried mocking it up on photoshop but only downloaded it last week and haven’t quite got the hang of it!

• minnie101
    6年前

My photoshop total failure didn’t upload!! I’d stick with 3 pendants and stools btw

• matt3135
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    Thanks Minnie for the ideas. Yer I’m not a fan of the pendent lights, I agree I think copper would add some warmth. Copper accessories as well would look good. At the moment it can feel a bit sterile and sometimes not very cosy.
  • minnie101
    6年前

I think adding and changing accessories will really warm it up and plants especially add life to any room. If you wanted yellow, i might look at farrow and ball Indian yellow (modern emulsion) which I think you’ll look great with the worktop and units. As you’ve got an upstand personally I’d just paint rather than tile/splashback plus you can easily and cheaply change it whenever you want

• Juliet Docherty
    6年前

The grey colour you've already got is perfect, especially with Minnie's suggestion. If it were my kitchen, storage space allowing I would lose all of the upper cupboards on the grey wall side and put up oak shelves.

matt3135さんはJuliet Dochertyさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Casa Colori
    6年前

Hi Matt, I like your kitchen. I like glass splash back, however I am a clumsy person so if this was my kitchen i would go tile, if you are not a walking trouble like me use the glass. With regards to the colour I really like your pendant, why not to use the same colour for the splash back or tile?

• PRO
    SUN STUDIO.London - Glassworks and Prints
    6年前

Hi Matt,

Great design.

I would go for a printed splashback instead of tiles.

Bread and Dough Splashback fixed on screws · 詳細

Kitchen, Splashback, Worktop and Balustrades Installation in Apartment Block · 詳細

Kitchen Splashback for our regular customer #1 · 詳細

Liquid Mirror Splashback · 詳細

Rose-Gold Kitchen Splashback · 詳細

Rose-Gold Kitchen Splashback · 詳細

Which one would be the most suitable for you? We are currently having a sale of worktops and splashbacks. There is 25% discount until end of this week.

If you are interested, I may assign our personal advisor to you so he can guide you through our buying process.

I hope that helps,

Erwin (Sunstudio.london)

matt3135さんはSUN STUDIO.London - Glassworks and Printsさんにお礼を言いました
  • Saira Ayub
    6年前
    You have a lovely kitchen. If that was my kitchen I would match the glass splash back with my pendant.
    matt3135さんはSaira Ayubさんにお礼を言いました
  • matt3135
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Thanks Saira, I’m thinking of changing the pendants to copper as I think they look a bit cold. So maybe a copper coloured splashback.

• PRO
    HD86
    6年前

How about vinyl wall sticker to cover a part of your wall by sticking adhesive cement tiles stikers.