Houzz Logo Print
mayflowers1

Is the shower door a pivot or a bypass door?

mayflowers
6年前
I thought it was a pivot door but I'm not sure it would clear the toilet. Is it a 30" door? Do you know who makes the shower doors? It's a beautiful bathroom that looks much bigger than its dimensions. Thank you.
Brown Marble Bathroom · 詳細

コメント (4)

• PRO
    Chris Jovanelly Interior Design
    6年前

Hi Mayflowers. It's a 28" wide hinged (swing) door. It was made by a local glass company. Good luck with your project!

• mayflowers
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Thank you, Chris. I was told by my glass company that I didn't have room for a hinged door in my 5' wide bath but he was obviously wrong. Your photo has set me on the right path and I'm grateful that you posted it.

• PRO
    Chris Jovanelly Interior Design
    6年前

It depends on how far your toilet projects from the wall. It's a close call in this bathroom... so if you have an elongated toilet with a larger tank, he may be right. If you haven't purchased your toilet yet, I would recommend visiting a local plumbing showroom like Ferguson and speaking with them about selecting a space-saving toilet. Good luck!

• mayflowers
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

We did visit a showroom and are looking at compact elongated toilets like the Kohler San Souci, which is 27 1/2" L. I am devoting 30" for the toilet and space between the tank and the wall. I'll probably go 26"-28" for the door.

I really appreciate you answering my question.