Houzz Logo Print
claudiaamonini

is this rug too small

It is a 2.4x3.3 rug- the room is open plan so I can play around with furniture layouts and how big the lounge space is -even add furniture if I need to. Just not sure if I need a bigger rug! Thoughts?

コメント (18)

• girlguides
    6年前
    No it’s ok
  • oklouise
    6年前

your rug looks excellent and the gorgeous mirror and the shiny platter add a nice touch of bling to the soft colours and love the retro sideboard with the cocktail glasses...it's a lovely room with all your special extras

• siriuskey
    6年前

Another lovely room, rug size looks ok but I would try the mirror horizontally so it doesn't push the ceiling up.

Re the table for the family room why don't you get one to match this one for when you have get together's you can either just place them end to end or side by side, you appear to have enough space, matching chairs would work as well cheers

• annb1997
    6年前

Your rug is a good size. Lovely rooms.

• bigreader
    6年前
    The rugs is good.
  • siriuskey
    6年前

Because you do have space I would move the rug and lounges approx 1m back from the Fireplace to open this area up to work together. cheers

• Ren Ren
    6年前
    Great room and rug! Easy to clean too.
  • claudiaamonini
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    Thanks everyone! Will keep the rug and have pushed it all back a bit.

I’m thinking of changing my white Eames chairs around the dining table though- any thoughts? Yes? No? And if so- any suggestions??
  • annb1997
    6年前

Are you wanting a fabric chair for more comfort?

• claudiaamonini
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    Yes Either a fabric to soften or even a weave type chair for a stronger more modern look.
  • Luke Buckle
    6年前

I saw the comment of an interior designer recently that said ho bigger, not smaller, and i don't think you would want any bigger. Good choice!

• juliahocking
    6年前

I like the rug - good size and texture

Consider placing the black single chairs together at the end away from the window - cohesion and better placement being my argument! It's more friendly too

No, don't change the dining chairs - just replace 2 with same shape, but coloured teal to connect both areas

Cheers

• annb1997
    6年前

Have you considered smallish sheepskin rugs for some of the dining room chairs to add some comfort, or do you prefer a permanent solution? I was noticing the ones you have in your living room.

• annb1997
    6年前

• annb1997
    6年前

• claudiaamonini
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    I really like the black wishbone chair and was considering changing my white Eames chairs for those
  • annb1997
    6年前

I think they will look beautiful.