Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_46171013

what do you think of this for a sunroom ..other ideas ?

User
6年前
I want to do the first picture in my sunroom underneath the three windows, but with storage and different color pillows and I think I could also do shutters to enhance the look of the white. I would also have mine come around the sides to wrap into the adjacent walls . where you see the piano and karoke.

コメント (30)

• havingfun
    6年前

not sure how well those shutterswill work. if you note, they plan on the people sitting in the corners where there are no windows. your room is filled with lovely windows. when we had a 3 wall bumpout with windows on 3 sides, which we used as our dining table, we placed two pieces of wood across the windows so your back would not go in the window. maybe some blinds?

• everdebz
    6年前
    最終更新:6年前

It's possible a bench all across might create a more boxy look [to the room]. Not sure so good.

• everdebz
    6年前

Couldn't a sunroom be much more informal? I love the comfort, and even the look. Pier 1 has some cool cushions.

Charlton Ave Residence · 詳細
    https://www.houzz.com/photos/charlton-ave-residence-eclectic-living-room-toronto-phvw-vp~2443344

• User
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    yeah. it is a sunroom
  • everdebz
    6年前

Would there be any seat with a back, for comfort? I suppose if you love it, do it.... I'd rather have round chairs, and casual....

• User
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    I was thinking the egg type swing chairs before I saw this...
  • User
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    like this one
  • txandmt
    6年前
    I think it would look great. Your plan to wrap the bench seat around part of the two side walls would provide room for leaning back on pillows without hitting the windows. What are the dimensions of the room?
  • everdebz
    6年前

Would 2 of those look good in the room? In a way, the 'arm' would go into window area.... I'd think of the frameless type...

a bench with pillows? and you'd have window at your upper back...

• User
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    it is like a 14*18 room
  • everdebz
    6年前

A built in is more expensive.... maybe you'd like an oval/ round table with chairs around it? Oval/ round rug underneath...

• User
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    hm can't visualize what your saying...
  • User
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    since this is just a sunroom and not a dining room I don't want to do that.. we already have a round table with square rug right behind it.
  • everdebz
    6年前

With window bench - what else in the room?

• User
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    nothing really still need to furnish it.
  • User
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    better pics
  • typeandrun
    6年前

In our first house, we had a similar room such as yours that had a built in bench. So we staged it with a cushion and pillows. Guess what? No one sat there, because it is not comfortable as you can't really lean back unless you are sitting sideways then the pillows get in the way. Consider small swivel club chairs with a table in between, or perhaps a desk. What do you plan on using this room for?

• User
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    to get some sun
  • PRO
    New England Design & Construction
    6年前

You might consider putting a back on the built-in; it's pretty hard to lean against windows. I'd work with a carpenter or woodworker that specializes in built-ins and can help you flesh this out to work with your space specifically.

Here's an example of a similar type of built-in banquette (without storage):

Jamaica Plain Solarium and Kitchen Remodel · 詳細

• deegw
    6年前

I wouldn't spend money on a built in. First , as mentioned above, they are uncomfortable after a few minutes of sitting. Second, it will hijack your ability to make different furniture arrangements.

Is your style contemporary/transitional or traditional? I love wicker sets in sunrooms and you can find nice sets in both styles.

• User
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

That is beatutiful, d_gw. I am not sure what my style is... If I had to guess its more contemporary.

• deegw
    6年前

This ikea set is a little more modern. I think a sunroom is a great place to add some fun to your decor. From your photos, your other rooms don't seem to have much color. What is your favorite color? Wicker sets are mostly neutral - you can add an indoor outdoor rug in a fun pattern and throw pillows to brighten things up.

• motupeg
    6年前
    I would love travel this area and would use it as a space where one could read, have coffee or even do some work. I like the idea of a small sofa and chair in wicker if it is comfortable.
  • motupeg
    6年前
    Oh I see A spelling troll got my comment. I tried to say "I would love to have this room".
  • spraguec
    6年前
    This is a lovely room. I would not go with built in benches as they are not comfortable to enjoy sitting for any length of time. Instead, I would buy a 3-seat Ikea slipcovered sofa (they come in white, beige, denim, etc) and place it on the window wall that faces your patio doors. Add an end table and also the matching Ikea slipcovered chair to round out the conversation area. At the small wall to the right of the patio doors, find a sweet desk for yourself and add a chair. The chair can then add extra seating when necessary. This will give you an enjoyable spot to have a cuppa and reflect, plan, pay bills, etc. At the end of the room closest to the dining area, add a funky, inviting chair or swing to “invite” folks into the casual room. Add an area rug to anchor the conversation area.
  • jck910
    6年前

No uncomfortable and the room will be smaller all around. Get an indoor/outdoor rug for easy vacuuming and some comfortable chairs maybe 1 that's chaise style(not those swinging ones as they take up too much space)

• ilesliemy
    6年前
    Yes, windows are just see through walls when you they are large. Buy furniture and forget the built ins.
    Leslie
  • njmomma
    6年前

Not a Pro.

Built ins are forever.

Keep your options open.

Love the Ikea set above. So light and airy. You can add any color to this room. Maybe a color that is through out your home to tie it in.

Pillows, area rug, plants, lots of plants.

Rumson Road · 詳細

• havingfun
    6年前

first to clarify, i did not mean the whole room, just talking about where they spoke of putting it. secondly, my bumpout booth had wider seating i guess, with thicker pads and at least 20" pillows for the backs. they were so comfortable we often spent most of our day there. and that was considering a 6' hubby and my 5'4". the room does not look very wide, this could help a lot. we ate there and played games. visited with friends for coffee or tea.