Houzz Logo Print
roger2697

5'6" x 6'10" Bath Transforation, What do You Think?

So we had a very spatially challenged bath to update. Owner wanted a open and bright space with maximum storage. What do you think?

Before

After

コメント (19)

• PRO
    Architecture Plus Inc
    6年前

Looks great! Was the skylight there previously? Or did you add that in?

Live ArchitectsさんはArchitecture Plus Incさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Live Architects
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Thanks. Skylight was there, we splayed the bottom opening to take advantage of a wider sun angle.

• PRO
    21st Century Tile
    6年前

Nice job! Looks great!

Live Architectsさんは21st Century Tileさんにお礼を言いました
  • zealart
    6年前

Looks great overall. I really like the use of large tiles.

What I don't like about this look is the mosaic on darker tile. I find it distracting and unnecessary.

• PRO
    Live Architects
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Thanks zealart for your thought. The client wanted large format rectified tiles (tight and less grout). We also used and recommend epoxy type grout. The mosaic, also in back of niche, was to counterpoint the larger format tile and add a slight texture and color. What's missing is a great modern bathroom rug to pickup some pop of color, perhaps in a nice blue/ green accent or assymetric striping. Anybody have recommendations?

• zealart
    6年前

I found this, but it may be too bright to go with the mosaic

https://www.allmodern.com/bath/pdp/bath-rug-eauu5419.html

The bathroom can also continue being on the neutral side, with a bath matt that is a neutral color, but has texture on it. For towels, even if they are white, they can be great, as long as they are high quality towels.

Such as ones by Frette

https://www.frette.com/hotel-classic-guest-towel.html

Live Architectsさんはzealartさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Live Architects
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

zealart, not crazy about round corners and striping too much like tile. Textile or something shaggy desired. Towels, yes, classic.

• PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    6年前
    Looks awesome !
    Live ArchitectsさんはOTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.さんにお礼を言いました
  • IM DB
    6年前

We have a similar toilet. Love it! I'll bet the owners are super happy to have the under the sink storage space and counter top. Also, we used solartubes in our bathrooms (no windows), and the light has made a difference, both in the bathrooms and the master bedroom/hallway. So much brighter!

Live ArchitectsさんはIM DBさんにお礼を言いました
  • SP McKenzie
    6年前

love it!

Live ArchitectsさんはSP McKenzieさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Live Architects
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

@IM DB, yes, there is also power in the drawer and a hair dryer holder as well. Very hard to find a wall mount fixture of this width with enough storage.

• gomommyvanny
    6年前

This is a beautiful transformation. It is hard to believe it ever looked like the BEFORE photo! Amazing change.

Live Architectsさんはgomommyvannyさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Ortus Exteriors
    6年前

Very modern look! Great colors and lighting. Did you keep the original tub or get a new one?

Live ArchitectsさんはOrtus Exteriorsさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Live Architects
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Thanks @Otis Exteriors. New cast iron Kohler Bellwether. Like the one piece smooth integral apron. Very clean lines. Selected this over the Kaldewei because C.I. retains the heat much better for baths that the owner enjoys. Con, it weighs over 300 lbs. The led lighting on dimmers is actually very economical. Money went to fixtures instead.

Another note for others: the exhaust fan is motion and humidity activated. (kids, and even adults, always forget to turn on the fan).

• PRO
    KT tile
    6年前

Nice clean look!

Live ArchitectsさんはKT tileさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Designer Drains
    6年前

light years better!

Live ArchitectsさんはDesigner Drainsさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    M&R Custom Millwork Inc