Houzz Logo Print
houzzau

What's the best thing you have picked up in a council clean-up?

HouzzAU
6年前

Australians love a kerbside find. And when your whole suburb gets in on it, the event can become quite a community builder.

Tell us about your best roadside acquisition you've made. Maybe it was an old couch you reupholstered, a perfectly good IKEA expedit, or even a box of free DVDs.

(Include photos if you can!)

Julie Shiels - artist · 詳細

Read more

コメント (10)

• Betty Weaver
    6年前
    最終更新:6年前

Best thing I have got would DEFINITELY have to be a beautiful old bookshelf. It now sits in my loungeroom and I keep all of my special objects and books on it. Always looking for special finds at council clean ups .. i used to be sceptical but not since i found that treasure!!!!

• Luke Buckle
    6年前

BTW, I just sold this couch for $100 on gumtree after picking it up off the road for free!

• Betty Weaver
    6年前

Show off! Luke Buckle

• wuff
    6年前
    This is the best ever, a new kitchen for Lucy, and she loves it
  • wuff
    6年前
    PS, we were out walking and I sent my daughter home for the car and stood next too it so I wouldn't lose it, it is so heavy and we were all sick with the flu, but has cleaned up beautifully and Lucy is 2 and loves it, the little boy's whose it was (originally his sister who was then 13) was a bit sad but mum said it was time it found a new home and how the new little girl would enjoy it, he came out and had a chat with me whilst I was holding my ground, I popped a thankyou card and a target voucher in his letter box a few days later, I just hope he got it
  • hayley
    6年前

I once found a bar cart. Not as good as what you found, Wuff!

• PRO
    Siobhan Donoghue Design
    6年前

Fantastic kitchen play set! Love the mixer, the clean lines of the design and especially the colours. Congratulations on a great find!

• wuff
    6年前
    @Siobhan Donoghue Design this wonderful kitchen had a bit of a makeover and very retro chic now :)
  • hayley
    6年前
    I once got a tray full of potted succulents!