Houzz Logo Print
ashmarmo

Purple Couch Frustrations

AMB
10年前
We just purchased and remodeled our first house. We inherited a very modern, expensive, bright purple couch, chair and ottoman. They were going to be a somewhat temporary solution, but after one month we've decided we would like to make at least the couch work in the space because it is super comfortable, the perfect size and sleek.

I've attached a photo of the couch, chair, ottoman, wall color, floor and curtain. Can I make this couch work? If not.. what do I do with the couch?

コメント (10)

• AMB
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Thank you, @Michigammemom. The couch is definitely not my taste... I'd describe my taste as more coastal and earthy. When I walk in the room I cringe because the couch is the color of Barney... I just didn't know if I could make it work.
  • Deborah Rokos
    10年前
    I think they are a beautiful design, love the color, but probably wouldn't be my choice for sofa and chairs! I would lose the multi color cushions, and change the wall color for sure. Love the color palette Michiammemom posted...a light warm grey on the walls would be nice
  • PRO
    Annie Miller Designs
    10年前
    Hey girl! I'm just reading your post. I think you can make these pieces work if you still have them. You may need to make a different selection with your window treatment (larger, bolder print - adding in the coastal colors your attracted to). I know you've had your whole house painted, consider an accent wall to warm the space. Definately softer colored throw pillow with texture to soften the purple. Also, start looking at area rugs, again just to warm up the space. I think making some of these changes, you can use all 3 pieces. Annie
  • User
    10年前
    最終更新:10年前
    I personally could not get past the color and having to change the window treatments, add an area rug, paint an accent wall, get new throw pillows... I would just put *Barney* up for adoption;)

If the couch is perfect size and comfortable, why not reupholster it?
  • felixgrantham
    10年前
    Why buy a roomful of stuff to go with a color you don't like? Sell it.
  • User
    10年前
    ^ the condensed version LOL
  • samsamyd
    9年前
    re-upholster it -- maybe even have a Barney made from the discards, if you have a little one who WANTS to live with Barney. Greens, lavendars, some slivery grays, lighter blues all go with purple --- I just made a quit top with a very royal purple central panel...you can work it out, but don't bother if you REALLY don't like the color
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    9年前
    I kind of love these so this is a bit more modern but could work
  • PRO